~Kimuli Asahd~

||SERAH||

"I still have to type my last of the assignments, Sue," I whine following her as she leads me to their dance studio.

"I promise we shall only be there for at least an hour then we are leaving," she retorts not giving me a chance to dodge her.

It's been three days of dealing with the crazy assignments and my brain feels overwhelmed. It has not been overworked in a while and now all it instructs me to do is go home, have a refreshing bath then sleep off the exhaustion. I doubt that I will even be able to type in the last assignment. If I'm not able to, then I'll have to do it tomorrow. It's a weekend and I have a lot of time before the due date Monday next week. At this point, I passionately hate the lecturers for bombarding us with so many assignments all at once.

"Just so you remember, you are going to help me type it in," I firmly state pointing at her.

"I will," she affirms as we enter the hallway leading to their dance studio.

Knowing her, she will look for excuses to dodge the promised task. It will be a miracle if she helps me with the assignment at all. So I don't bother harboring high expectations despite her positive response. As we approach the studio, booming music hits my ears accompanied by cheerful noises from the rest of the dancers who have already gathered there.

"I still don't know why I am agreeing to this," I grumble as we enter the dance studio.

The toxic energy radiating in the room matches that one from our drama team. People are at all times hyperactive and it keeps us motivated to give our best during rehearsals.

"As I said, we will be here for a maximum of one hour. No more than that, I promise," she says trying to fully convince me.

I'm only doing this because I typically don't want to walk home alone. Otherwise, if I had company I would have left hours ago. She is lucky I love her enough to endure the one-hour wait for her.

"Are you not doing any dancing today?" I thoughtfully ask since they dance daily.

"No, we are not. It's a Friday, remember?" she asks as a matter of factly as we walk towards the corner that has empty locker chairs.

Darn, I forgot. I can't blame my brain though. It was tiring enough to keep such unimportant information. Normally, we don't have active rehearsals on Fridays. That's why I'm following her around instead of being in the drama studio. To Sue, Fridays hit differently as she is always going to some party or hangout.

They give her a distraction. To me, it is no different from any other day. I'm always stuck in my house, lodging on my bed since I can't afford a sofa yet, watching Spanish TV series, and drinking coffee to keep me awake till late. Sue hates this side of me but she understands that I am not an active party girl. Only on occasion.

My neighbors make me feel normal as they too don't often go out on Fridays. If they did, then I would feel like a weirdo or some boring girl who has no social life. Nevertheless, I don't answer Sue's question assuming it is rhetoric.

"Anyway, we are just going to meet our recent choreographer and hear what he has planned for us. After that, we are going to leave," she says.

I don't know their choreographer. However, judging from the university's tendency to hire the best, I will assume he is some iconic figure in the dance industry. I'll not be surprised.

"Okay, fine," I begrudgingly accept taking a seat. "It better not surpass an hour. Otherwise, I will leave you and head home."

"It's a promise," she insists with a raised hand.