~Skye Adebiyi~

||SERAH||

"I never thought that my first time to come an airport would be when I'm escorting you to freaking move out of the country to live in another one," I say to Sue as we step out of the uber just outside the airport.

Her mom and dad booked a different uber so that we could have our time together before we say goodbye. It sucks to have my best friend moving out of the country. More so when we haven't rekindled fully the deep bond that once existed between us.

But moving out doesn't mean the end of our friendship. We will continue being friends for as long as possible. We may not be able to regularly meet physically and hang out but we shall try doing that virtually as much as we can. It is our only way and thanks to technology for giving us such options.

"It is a good thing since I'll get myself a best friend," Salma bluntly says beside me.

Despite the smile fighting to crawl on my lips, I managed to scowl at her. She unapologetically shrugs in response, breaking free my smile. She has wanted to be my best friend for a long time now and honestly, I think she is soon going to get me as her best friend. Many apologies to my dear Sue. It is just that the girl is irresistible.

"She is all yours," Sue genuinely smiles at her. "I can't be selfish especially now that I'll not be around to be with her."

"Is that how you're going to trade me?" I complain to Sue.

She flips me off with a smile. I'm glad that she isn't bothered by the fact that someone wants to take her place. I would feel bad if she felt bothered because she still holds a dear place in my heart.

Shit may have happened but we have come from far to dwell so much on it. Especially if we already found solutions favouring us both. Well, except for our friendship.

Salma on the other hand does not understand it but now it no longer matters because she has all of me to herself.

"Hey! Be glad you're being sold to someone you have chemistry with," she protests. "You know what Sue, thank you so much. I was in desperate need of a best friend."

The seriousness on her face makes me smile.

"You're welcome, Salma. Please do take care of her," Sue says in a serious and genuine tone.

"Between the two of us, I think I'll be the one taking care of her," I say, mocking Salma.

"Well, I'm not going to deny it," Salma grumbles making me chuckle. "But I will try to take care of her too. Be assured of that."

"Thanks," Sue appreciates. "You, I know we've had our fair share of episodes but I am so grateful I've had you as my best friend for so long. I'm not going to give a sentimental speech but just know that I love you and appreciate having you in my life."

"That's enough. Let us not go so much into the farewell thing," I groan.

I don't want to end up getting too emotional.

"Good idea," Salma says, staring at some tourists walking out of the airport. "I don't want a crying fella on my way back to the house."

"Why did I bring you, again?" I grumble, fighting a smile. Again.

"Because you didn't want to come alone," she responds immediately.

I shake my head in disbelief before refocusing my attention on Sue. She is smiling while watching us both. It is as if she finds it amusing seeing us bickering and couldn't think of a better replacement for her other than Salma.

"I love you too, Sue. Thank you for the times you looked out for me and everything else in between. I wish you nothing but the best when you get there and safe travels too. One day I'll make sure to come visit you. I'll drag this annoying girl too," I say, pointing at Salma.