~Confessions~

||SERAH||

We have been driving for over an hour and Asahd won't tell me where we are headed. Currently, we are deep in the central part of the country where green vegetation is dominant over civilization. To top that, he hasn't hinted at what we are really going to do there. He just mentioned something about sightseeing and talking. His vague responses and mysterious actions are making me very curious. However, as I've given up pushing for answers, I'll just have to be patient.

"At this rate, I might end up thinking that you are driving me to the ends of the world," I comment turning from the window to face him.

"Just accurately five more minutes," he states laughing.

"Accurately five," I mumble staring outside the window once again.

Excitement has been bubbling inside me since Asahd came to the bus. It's influenced by some of his actions like his encouraging words, affectionate touch, kiss, and promised dinner. Additionally, the knowledge that I did great in the performance. It was a huge achievement for me as I felt as if I couldn't do it all. The task seemed huge making me feel a little intimidated. However, Asahd's words made me feel somewhat indomitable.

They paved way for foreign courage that ended up building confidence in me by blanketing my doubts, fears, and nervousness. To my realization, his presence around me facilitates confidence growth within me. It's a mystery reaction but nonetheless favorable to me. It could help me regain the confidence that was stripped off of me once upon a time.

"We are finally here," he says with a smile as he drives off the highway and up a murram road.

The road seems to be leading to a quarry as there is a large field of rock excavations. As we drive further up, there are sights of excavators, dump trucks, bulldozers, front loaders, and backhoe loaders. None of them are in operation though as they are just parked. There are no sightings of people which is a bit unexpected for such a sight.

"Are we going to a quarry?" I ask sounding intrigued by the place.

"Yes we are, pretty," he responds. "You have to wear your glasses. The place might be extra dusty for your beautiful eyes," he adds making me smile almost shyly.

"Okay," I murmur fetching my glasses case from my sling bag.

Once I've got them, I retrieve the glasses and put them on before putting back the case. The vegetation here almost resembles that of semiarid places. It is composed of small green shrubs, shallow thickets, short acacia trees, and cactus. This vegetation could be a result of the rocky soils that seem to be dominant in the area. It is an artificially beautiful sight though.

"The quarry is quite wide if it's still extending as we drive up," I state following my observations. "It seems dead as well. Has there been no operations?"

"The place seems to have recently been operated on. Perhaps they are on the other side. As you said, the quarry is large. It's one of the largest in the country," he says.

"Is this the place you wanted to bring me?" I hopefully ask.

"Wait until you see the real place," he says with a crooked smile. That one is to remind me that he isn't falling into the spilling information trap.

"You're becoming a little mysterious," I prompt just as he slows the jeep down and parks it aside the road.

"Giving you suspicious vibes?" he asks with a smug face, making me roll my eyes.

"It's two in the afternoon and the sun is bright. Were it the opposite, I would not only be suspicious but a little scared," I retort.

He laughs lightly while we step out of the jeep. I walk around to the front where he is waiting for me. Standing beside him, I give the place a good look. With the bright sun, the place is bright. The quarry is almost shining with different colors of stones and rocks. It reminds me of the mini quarry back in my grandma's village. That mini quarry is beautiful but there nothing beautiful about the activities that go on within its premises. Some are so vile that it's hard to think about leave alone mention.