~Serenity Kisses~

||ASAHD||

It is seven in the morning several days later when Dr. Florence calls dad on Skype. She is wearing a smile on her face which makes me feel very positive. Yesterday, she came home to check on our health progression. She also took samples of our blood and carried them to the hospital for an immunity test. It wasn't necessary since the disease has clearly gone down. Although dad being dad and mom imitating the same, insisted that she take them for solid evidence. We were not one to oppose as there wasn't any harm in the action anyway.

"Good morning, Mr. Kimuli," she greets dad.

We are sitting on the largest couch, that's a five-seater in the living room area, and having our morning chocolate coffee. Mom and Blue, on the other hand, are having their breakfast at the dining table.

"Good morning, Dr. Florence," Dad responds giving her a courteous smile.

"The results are impressive. Your twins are as healthy as a horse," she informs him.

I turn to Blue who gives me a pleased smile. As soon as now, we can resume our normal routine. It feels great to be fully well once again.

"I'm so happy to hear that. Thank you so much," Dad appreciates with an appreciative smile.

"You are welcome. Have a nice day," she bids.

"Have a nice day too," Dad says before she disconnects the call.

"You too feeling great now?" Mom asks.

We both simultaneously nod in response making her smile broadly. Freaking twin synchronization.

"You have to admit that my pampering has helped, at least. You even look like kids now," she teases making us groan.

"Please," Blue flips her off. "You were only getting a pass because we were feeling terrible."

"Oh? I don't think that has been the case the last few days," she volleys with a victorious smile.

"Fine, you win," Blue grumbles making mom smile more.

I smile along with her while watching her appreciatively. We are so blessed to have her as our mother. One who treats us like her babies despite being grown up. If one found me being pampered by her, they would think I'm a mama's boy but that's just how she is. We appreciate her and love her so much.

"I'm heading out," I state making dad shoot me a questioning glare.

Seemingly, it has not registered in their minds that we have seized being kids. We are now well and good adults.

"Where are you going?" Mom asks giving me a curious expression.

I'm going to see Serah. It feels like months since I held her in my arms and I want to do that right now. I don't care if it is too early. I miss her so much to wait for midmorning or noon to go see her. It is a Friday, today. They usually don't have classes which makes it even better. Chances of getting to see her are high.

"I'll be back later," I respond instead.

A secret smile crawls on Blue's lips making her take a sip of her coffee to hide it. The sneaky girl knows where I'm headed.

"Are you going to do some shady business?" Dad teasingly asks.

Having finished up my coffee, I carry the mug and place it on the dining table. Mom always says that if we can't take dirty dishes to the kitchen, then we should place them on the dining table. There, it will be easier to collect them.

"Really dad? Shady business is not my type. It's too ugly for my smart self," I boast making them laugh lightly before heading for the stairs.

"Don't worry about him. He is just going to see Mawia," Blue says making me scowl at her.