~You're Such A Bastard~

||ASAHD||

Serah Mawia.

It's been two days since we saw each other despite being at EAMS for long hours. Rehearsals are at their peak and we have been quite busy. I had hoped that she would drop by the studio but she didn't. Somehow, I have a feeling that she is keeping her distance. She was still crushing on me the last time we were together. I figured that much from the way she would occasionally stare at me as if I was some otherworldly human who touched her heart.

It could be the reason she is staying away. Perhaps she doesn't want the crush to develop into something more complicated that would cost her emotional distress or something of the sort. It would work as a great self-defense mechanism for her. Well, that is if I didn't feel like I miss seeing her and that too wanting to see her again. There is a comforting aura that comes from her presence and I want to feel it again. I must be a selfish jerk for wanting her around when she is trying to keep her distance. Regardless, I still want to see her.

I watch as Vanessa confidently strides through the restaurant towards me. She's wearing sea-green spaghetti with black strapped stilettos. It reminds me of the first time I saw her. She was doing her birthday photoshoot session at FanArts, my favorite photography studio. She was in a luminous green spaghetti with pink stilettos. Apparently, green seems to be one of her favorite colors. Her brown braids are tied in a bun setting up her graceful neck. The reality is that she is a natural beauty.

However, it is not always about the outer beauty where the heart is concerned. I'm not insinuating that she doesn't have inner beauty. She does otherwise she wouldn't be a nice lady. It's just that for me as said, she doesn't match up to what I imagine having. Hence the need to let her know that she can't continue chasing something that wasn't meant to exist. Following that, I booked us a table at one of my favorite restaurants just to have things officially cleared with her.
It's better to get hurt right now than later when the feelings will be on a high. She needs to think of herself first and not us and what we could become. I'm sure if she does that, she will understand why we need to break up officially.

"Hello," she greets with a natural smile on her face.

"Hello," I respond with a quick smile and watch her as she sits.

Vanessa can fit in the princess trained category. She is perfect, exotic, and complex in every action. The total opposite of Serah when it comes to simplicity. The heck am I comparing? That's absurd.

"Have you ordered?" she asks once she's settled on her chair.

"Yes, coffee. I'm not staying long to order food," I respond checking out her earrings.

They are wooden in material and both have a picture of her face painted on them. It must be a symbol of self-love.

"You book a table at such a great restaurant and claim that you don't want to stick around for long?" she asks furrowing her brows

"Vanessa, I have not much time to sit and enjoy a meal right now. Neither do I have time for chitchat. I came here to address the issue at hand and I would rather not beat around the bush. Going straight to the point saves us time and energy. I've been patient with you for a while now. But now you're getting on my nerves," I say in a low tone not to attract attention from the people sitting close to our table.

"Am I now? How so?" she asks faking oblivion.

"You can pretend not to know. Let today be the last time you keep chasing something that's not in existence. We stated clearly before that we were only going to have casual hook-ups and nothing more than that. You have even crossed boundaries by dragging my family into it. I'm warning you nicely, let this be the complete end of anything that ever existed between us. Don't force it. You will be wasting your precious time."