~Sue~

||SERAH||

I'm bored of the fact that Asahd is leaving today at noon. It will be another boring four days but I will endure as long as in the end, I'll see him once again. Sue is still distant and mysterious with her actions. Since yesterday, nothing has improved between us. In fact, she might have just grown more distant. I would be lying if I said it doesn't worry me. It does so much that wheels won't stop turning in my head as I try to figure out what could be going on with her. It might have nothing to do with me at all. Perhaps she might be going through something tough on her and making her keep her distance even from her best friend. I want to know whatever issue is and try to solve it. Though that won't happen if she continues ignoring me and shutting me out.

Yesterday night we went out partying. I had planned on talking to her during the party because that was seemingly the only time she was free. During the day, she spent most of her time away from me. After their performances, she disappeared. Concerning the said performances, she didn't even let me hug her and wish her good luck when she was going on stage. That has never happened before. Everything she is doing is strange. She might as well be strange. If she doesn't act like the Sue I know soon enough, I swear I'll end up going crazy. Anyway, when an opportunity arose, I seized it. When I was approaching her, I got stuck on my steps as I was a minute too late. Someone else had gotten her attention.

☆☆☆☆

"Do you drink?" Asahd asks me as we wait to cross the traffic-heavy road.

"On occasion," I truthfully respond. "I'm not friends with liquor. Well, in first year, I did try to be a friend or rather an alcoholic but it never worked. So I gave up and decided to stick with juice, energizers, and sodas," I add on, making him laugh.

"That's a similarity, apparently. However, that doesn't mean that I don't drink quite a lot when I'm in the mood," he says making me smile.

As the road is clear, we cross to the other end and step on the curb. The club is just about ten meters away. I can spot people filtering in and out. The music can also be heard loud and clear.

"Unless you're planning on leaving the jeep parked on a road lot, don't drink too much when we get there," I calmly urge.

"I won't," he promises with a smile. "On the other hand, unless you are planning on sleeping in my bed tonight, don't drink too much," he retorts, drawing out a sharp breath that comes out as a nervous chuckle and outlining a dark fantasy in my head.

One day, I'll spend the night on his bed. There is no telling what will happen then for sure. However, when those times come, he better make good of his manly skills to make these fantasies I'm having a reality. I'm surprised that I'm shamelessly thinking about all this and the fact that it thrills me too. I have a feeling I might become a very naughty girl where Asahd is concerned. I don't mind it though, which also surprises me.

Not so long ago, Sue stated that one day I might have to try out this dating thing once again. Little did I know that it was this going to be this soon. I also didn't know that it was going to be thrilling even just thinking of exploring it. If she was still close to me, I would remind her about that. I would then let her mock me before bursting into laughter together about the whole situation. It's a pity that will remain a wishful thought. For now, I don't see it happening but have there is hope that we will do it sometime.

"You weren't going to let that cheap joke fade away, were you?" he shakes his head in response, his lips curving into a slightly dark smile. "Didn't think so, apparently."

In the club, Asahd is snatched away from me by Steve and his friends. Reluctantly, I walk over to the booth Sue and some other friends are sitting. She gives me a scrutinizing gaze before she unexpectedly asks for a tumbler and pours me a shot. Once she has poured enough, she hands it to me and demands that I take it. Without much thought, I chug it down along with four others. Damn, I'm going to get drunk within the first thirty minutes if I continue entertaining her. However, I'm doing all this so that I can get her attention. I don't recall the last time I had to try this hard to get it even if it is just for a few minutes.