~You Are Not Going To Go Blind, Right?~

||SERAH||

We are walking through the vast lobby in the Dana building towards the bank of elevators. Through the ride, Asahd broke the silence so we could talk about ourselves and get to know each other a little. Everything he told me I already knew. However, I didn't tell him that. On the contrary, I chose to listen to him. After all, he was expounding on everything a little bit. I had just begun telling him about myself when his phone rang with an important call from some guy named Gabriel.

That was the end of our introductory conversation because he spoke on the phone for the rest of the ride. They were talking of things concerning a coastal tour, choreography, and projects. By the time he was done, he had already parked the car outside the building at least ten minutes earlier. When we get to the right elevator, he pushes the open button and we step in with an elderly woman in toe. She is in glasses and presumably, she's also going for an eye check-up.

"You don't have claustrophobia, right?" Asahd teasingly asks as the elevator starts.

"No, I don't," I respond shaking my head.

"Are you sure, Mawia?" he asks using my tribal name.

When it comes from his mouth it sounds good. Well, better compared to when mom uses it. It often carries with it a threat, a warning, or an incoming lecture.

"Serah," I say with a scowl making him smile.

His smile might turn into one of my biggest weaknesses if he keeps showing it off. Seemingly, he likes to smile I'm almost tempted to ask if he is a happy child. He would fit right in because his smile comes so easily. I swear if it turns into a weakness it is going to ruin me.

"Mawia," he counters and without thinking, I poke my tiny fist into his hard muscles. "That wasn't so nice of you," he groans.

"Don't call me Mawia again," I warn with a show of my tiny fist.

He checks it out and shakes his head while trying to hide a smile. Way to look down on my tiny fist, Asahd.

"I will try not to," he says even though his face tells me otherwise.

The woman beside us keeps staring at us and it is nagging me. If this is what Asahd feels like when I keep staring at him like a creep then it has to be very uncomfortable. I'll make sure not to ever repeat that. I'm not promising though. He's too handsome and hot not to stare at whenever a chance pops up.

"You look nervous," he notably points out.

"Very nervous," I state looking up at him.

"Of what?" he asks sounding concerned.

"Facing the doctor. It always happens every time I'm about to see one," I explain to him.

His deep dark eyes stare intensely at me. Seemingly, very soon I might forget everything I stated in my diary and end up signing myself up for pain and suffering. His dark eyes that seem to be calling me deep into his soul along with his charming smile will be my downfall.

"Any solid reason why?" he curiously asks a moment later.

"Not really," I respond after clearing my throat. "It's just that most are the times I tend to think of the worst the doctor could tell me about a condition I might be facing. In short, in such situations, I become a pessimist."

He turns so that he's we are directly facing each other. A soft hue covers his face making me shift slightly as I try to find the right composure. I'm not used to having a man show me this much attention. Well, save for my dad. It feels too much especially when it comes from him. His hands cup one of mine as he gives me an assuring gaze.