~Lies~

||SERAH||

It's the third night since we came to the festivals. Everything is going great but the partying has exceeded and it's only the beginning. We can't help ourselves but celebrate every time we get something worth celebrating no matter how small it is. It could even be after getting one's nails done. I'm not exaggerating. That is what happens when comrades get loads of allowances that they can't see any other way of spending it other than partying.

It's a shame but that's how things are. I'm pretty sure most will not have anything by the time we are going back home. Some will even have spent their upkeep after exhausting their allowances. I'm trying my best not to misuse mine. I've got a debt to pay and I need to save as much as I can. Nevertheless, despite the fun, I miss Asahd. So bad it's frustrating. Though that will thankfully end today.

He called me earlier to let me know that he will be coming. He is probably is almost here. He was only going to take a maximum of five hours from the city. Admittedly, when he told me he was coming, I couldn't help but squeal in excitement. It caused attention but it didn't matter as long as got to express my feelings.

"I'm going out with the guys. Are you still coming?" Sue asks from the bathroom where she is taking a second shower.

She just arrived two minutes ago from a mini party in one of her friend's room. Precisely, it was a shisha smoking party. I don't smoke hence my failure to attend the so said party. Since partying is the new norm, she preparing to head out for yet another one. Only this one is a bit bigger since almost everyone is expected to attend. Michael, our drama director, offered to buy drinks for everyone and comrades have never been known to turn down free drinks. Hence the attendance in large numbers. I was also considering going but only after seeing Asahd. He is much more important than free drinks.

"I'll just chill here, eat my supper and then think about coming," I respond while replying to mom's text message.

She was interested in knowing whether the weather which is a little colder from what we are used to is affecting me.

"Are you sure or are you waiting for me to get out so that someone comes in for a hookup?" she teasingly asks.

"You know me, Sue. I'm a bit retarded in that sector," I grumble and she laughs mockingly.

I'm not the type of girl who'll get out there and return in here with a guy who just threw himself at me for nothing else than a fuck for the night. Even if that guy was Asahd himself. There are times when we need to draw bold boundaries despite the sweet temptations posed right before our eyes.

"It's just that you never know. Nevertheless, I'm interested in this complicated closeness between you and Asahd. Is it something more than friendship?" she pries.

"You are starting to sound like me when I thought that you and Joseph were dating," I prompt hoping that I've answered her question.

"So you want to say you're just hanging out as close friends and nothing more?" she asks having gotten the intended response.

"Yes, Sue. We are nothing more than that," I affirm in a serious tone. "Additionally, if there was, I would be chirping it up to the extent of deafening your ears," I add in a dreamy voice.

Some dreams would be the best if they came true.

"Would you, really?" she asks snickering. "First you didn't even tell me that you two frequently talk and that too meet at your house," she adds making me feel guilty for hiding it from her.

"I'm sorry. I just felt as if it wasn't the right time to broach the subject," I apologize in a sincere tone.

"Just like you feel it still isn't the right time to tell me that you're crushing so hard on him. You might even like him?" she asks surprising me.