~Extended Bonds~

||SERAH||

"Thank goodness you finally came. I thought you were going to bail on us," a medium height, dark chocolate guy with almost the same physical approach as Asahd, exclaims when we enter the brightly lit living room.

Georgina too, the birthday girl, lives around Asahd's rich environment. Simply, she's posh as well. It only takes fifteen minutes to walk from Asahd's house to get to her house. It was the reason why we didn't come by car but on foot. Well, apart from the fact that Asahd expressed his need to get drunk today to the point where he can't drive. I might as well be going home later dragging his drunk if not dead weight body.

Security or safety around posh places is never an issue. Any time of the day or night, it is guaranteed. There are guards all around in every building that's by the main road, CCTV cameras and well-lit street lights too. Plus in posh places, the posh residents have no business trying to steal from each other. That's an embarrassingly cheap task to indulge oneself in. Hence, we are sure we'll be getting home safe and sound despite being drunk.

Georgina's house is well furnished and maintained. Her interior design thematic colours appear to be yellow, dark grey and blue. It is a beautiful and well matched combination, to say the least. The living room is filled with at least fifteen humans or rather young adults. Most are having chatty and cheerful conversations. Others are vibing to the Nigerian jams playing on the medium-sized TV hoisted on the well.

At first, none of them notices us. But then, like a formidable wave of realization attacks them, their eyes turn to look at us. Quite a number of them have their mouths falling silent or jaws dropping to the floor. This is going to be a long night for me. I didn't realize I was going to be too much of an attention grabber. Their staring makes me feel so self conscious that I almost want to slip behind Asahd and hide.

They are also making me nervous so to speak. Those who don't seem to recognize us, thankfully return to their business. I guess those who are still staring are Asahd's friends from his dance team. Goodness, they need to stop staring at me. Especially with those surprised and unbelieving eyes. It's not doing me any good. I turn to Asahd, silently begging him to save me from all those pairs of eyes.

He smiles with a nod, responding to my silent plea. I'm so grateful that he can read me so well without much struggle.

"Quit it. You are creeping her out. So, guys, this is Serah. Serah, this is the group. Over here we have Murray," he starts with the dark chocolate guy, who walks towards Blue and takes a seat beside her on the couch.

I remember him from Asahd's stories about the group. He and Mwas are the group's favourites. After Murray, we have Blue. She smiles at me with a homey smile. It reminds me that I'm family despite us not being officially related yet. Beside her, we have Frida, the writing dancer. She's damn pretty and has a sweet and friendly smile. Blue tells us about her sometimes when we are together.

After her, there is Georgina, the birthday girl. She's holding a half-empty gin bottle Damn, they must have started the party a little earlier. Georgina is tall. Probably, she is a six foot one girl. She would make a very beautiful model. Especially with her smooth and dark complexion. She has long natural hair too. I'll not be surprised to hear that she is a model. She fit surely does fit the category.

On another couch, the is a sassy looking girl whom Asahd says is Flora. She offers me a kind smile upon her introduction. Perhaps, under all that sassiness, she's friendly. Beside her with a glass of liquor is Steve. Asahd says he's the group's photographer. He's kind of creeping me out because he keeps checking me out. Inappropriately, I might add. As if to silently make a point, I step closer to Asahd, such that I'm standing flush against his front.