~Building Blocks~

||ASAHD||

The gate was closed compelling me to call Serah to come and open it. The busy alley as usual has people staring at me, curious to see who this rich 'boy' is here to see in case they still don't know. They no longer irk me with their behavior. It's already old news. About two minutes later, Serah opens the gate with a sweet welcoming smile. Smiling back, I let myself in before she closes it. The eager folks on the outside don't get lucky to see her because she doesn't step or peek out of the gate.

After closing it, I pull her into my arms for a warm hug, resisting the urge to lift her in my arms and carry her to the house. For one, it would cause extreme attention. Secondly, it would somehow confuse her and then arouse questions in her whose answers I've got none. Perhaps scraps and not solid ones.

"Do those women give you a hard time in the literal sense?" I ask her as we leisurely walk to her house.

The scorching February sun is burning hot on our skins you'd think it's the start of January. The wind, however, is trying to work some magic blowing its currents around us. Thankfully, the compound is grassy otherwise there would be sandy dust filtering through our nostrils and eyelashes.

"Literally, no. They just whisper or gossip but never cause trouble. I don't know what has changed but recently I find myself saying that they can gossip all they want. They can also twist the stories to fit whatever fantasy they wish. It is not my business and I no longer care," she boldly says making me smile.

She is slowly regaining her confidence. For her to say that she doesn't care counts much. The words might be a bluff but they do have a sincere root deep within her. I don't know what cost her confidence and triggers her inferiority complex disorder. She just mentioned it but never told me the specifics. However, I believe that she will tell me when she feels it's the right time.

"You look adorably tiny today," I compliment staring at her back as she leads through the backside corridor to her house.

"Probably because of the oversized clothing," she chuckles.

She's is wearing buggy violet sweatpants with a tiny waist to fit hers and a buggy black striped t-shirt. She makes me think of her in my clothes. They would make her look adorable and sexy at the same time. Damn, my mind is starting to picture things that it shouldn't. Seeing Serah as more than just an ordinary person was never my intention but as it is, things are changing. Fast too for that matter.

"I think so," I respond checking her out a little more.

Once we are at her door, she opens it and we stalk in before I close the door behind me.

"Thanks?" she appreciates but it comes out as a question making me laugh lightly.

She scowls at me as I bend to kick off my shoes and put on my maroon slides. About a week ago, she made me carry them to her place. She's quite a demanding fella when she is determined. She insisted that she doesn't like me stepping on the floor 'barefoot' despite having socks and a rag to step on.

"Don't thank me for looking adorable. That's something you're supposed to be unapologetic about," I say while placing my shoes on the shoe rack. "You're not wearing glasses?" I ask when I take note of her naked and calling eyes.

"I've just removed them for an hour. I still have uh," she goes to check the time on her phone which is placed on the bed. "About twenty-five minutes."

"Your glasses are good at hiding your beautiful eyes," I point out taking a seat on her bed. It has become a favorite lodge as well.

"Are they?" she asks trying to hide a smile.

"You know that too," I point out breaking her smile.

"I knew that from you maybe," she comments in a low tone as she takes a seat beside me on the bed.