~Fallen~

||ASAHD||

Adjusting to my new room last night was quite the task. It was weirdly very hot despite the cold atmosphere outside. Secondly, despite being comfy, the bed felt so uncomfortable, but because it was foreign. That always happens to me that the first night I sleep in a foreign bed. It is always terrible regardless of its comfortable nature. Last but not least, yesterday evening while spending time with Serah, I noticed that she is almost at her breaking point. Seemingly, her feelings for me were haunting her boldly and she was having a hard time reigning them.

Something or someone must have poked the bear a little violently for her to lose control. If not that, perhaps she is just tired of carrying them with no one is coming to rescue her from their heavy burden. I should be damned for making her wait too long. However, no longer. The last few days we've been apart, I called for an intrapersonal meeting between my mind and heart. Hours of thinking and evaluating later, I concluded with no doubt that I not only like Serah Mawia but have also fallen her. Well, despite her flaws and simplicity. That too, I'm considering pursuing her as my girlfriend soonest possible. Finally, it is time to free her off of the burden of the unrequited feelings she thinks she is carrying.

However, that will be after their performance which I'm looking forward to. Serah, with her lack of confidence in herself, is supposed to vocalize a few songs. The vocalist who was supposed to do it sick with a common cold. Negative effects of the slightly colder weather. Last night Serah was a nervous wreck when she was given the news by their music director. Hopefully, she won't chicken out for sake of the performance. Additionally, I hope the opportunity helps her build up her confidence even if it is by a third.

"I'll see you later, bro. I've got to see someone," I tell Michael as we walk out of the amphitheater.

We have been watching performances for about two hours. Michael gives me a nosey shit-eating grin once he plants his gaze on mine. The look tells me that the guy has most likely been keeping tabs on me. Seemingly he already knows where I'm headed and who I'm going to see.

"That girl, Serah. Dude, you're stuck on her of all people?" he asks snickering and calling for a frown on my face.

"What is wrong with that?" I calmly ask trying to calm a protective beast that has come loose within me.

By all means, I'm ready to protect Serah. If it's by word of mouth, I'm ready. If it is physically, I'm ready too. No one is touching or harming her in any way.

"She a very nice girl and has great talent in singing. In my opinion, she doesn't suit your category at all. You two are stark different. I mean, she is downright simple and the total opposite of you," Michael explains himself.

Mom warned against overlooking. Just because she is simple and the total opposite of me doesn't mean that we aren't fit for each other. I don't care about the stark differences we have.  Besides, we can't figure out if we are fit for each other without giving it a try.

"Which I think is much better given that opposites attract," I retort making him chuckle.

"Good luck in your endeavors, Asahd," he dryly bids making me chuckle.

"I don't think I need it," I counter and he raises a brow with a crooked smile.

"That's what I figured," he pointedly says.

"Anyway, I'll see you later," I bid and he nods giving me a chin raise.

I walk up the amphitheater pathway towards the field where the buses were parked. The students are there doing some rehearsals and getting everything ready for their performance. It's due in an hour and a half. Before Michael comes to gather them together, I need to steal Serah for a few minutes. It will give me some peace of mind knowing that she is okay and ready to give her best in the performance. Their bus is parked under an enormous pine tree. The students are busy doing one thing or the other outside the bus.