Chapter 2

The day of the party...

I wake up to an alarm on Friday morning. The alarm that says get up and join the living because you have a party today. The party that we are throwing because we are splitting up and going away for college and that should be pretty interesting.

Nate is going to attend University of San Francisco, he'll be living just across the bridge from me. Melanie is staying in LA, she says that she needs more time to figure out her life. Josh is going to Columbia. I have no idea how he got into a university like that with his partying and drinking, but I'm not the one who should be judging. Carter is going to live with Nate, hopefully without killing each other. Sloan is going to attend UCLA.

Me and Diana are obviously going to Berkeley. Which is this Sunday.

I have been packing my things for days. Although I still have two days, I have to make sure that I won't forget anything. My dad is sending most of the stuff today, so that it will get there on Sunday. I place a couple of more books into the box and then close it with a tape.

I read a tip somewhere that you should write what's inside of the box with a marker on the outside, so that it would make the unpacking process easier. I take my marker and write the word books on the carton box.

Just as I throw my dresses into another one, I hear a light knock on the door and when I turn around I see Harvey standing in the doorway.

"Can I come in?" He asks. What is he doing here? I nod, but prepare myself for whatever he has to say as he crosses the room and takes a seat on the edge of the bed. It can't be good. I try to remember the last time I saw my brother in my room and it's been so long that I can't even dig the memory from under all of the others. "I see that you almost packed everything."

"Yeah, just a couple of things left. Did you pack your stuff?" I ask while folding the clothes neatly and then placing them into the box.

"Yes, I did. I left a couple of things to wear and take with me as luggage."

"Are you coming to the party tonight?"

"Yes, I am." He looks surprised by my question. "I always come to the parties, don't I?" He raises a brow.

He does come to the parties and he does know our group stuff, but he is not part of it. Mostly because I am the leader, and we don't really get along most of the time. Also having my twin brother in the group would make him a leader too... It's like monarchy. The group members are my people and I rule them. So having a relative would mean giving more power and I don't want that. I already had a problem like that when Logan made himself king because of my position and I warned the guys that no one ever will be taking that position again. He was stupid enough to use it against me and I was naive enough to let him do it.

"Yes, you do." I place one more item in the box. "Is your girlfriend coming?" I ask and look at him. He has his phone in his hands now. He's texting someone. I think. Then why did he come here? I roll my eyes.

"Yes." He says flatly.

"Okay..." I mutter. After a couple of minutes of silence, Harvey puts his phone in his pocket and leaves the room. Nice talk...

I tape the second box and go upstairs to ask my dad for help with the boxes. After twenty minutes, with my dad's and Harvey's help, boxes are placed in the driveway. My dad assures me that he will take care of it and tells me to get ready and I do just that.

I decided not to buy a new dress and just wear something out of my closet, because I have too much. Though I try to not to concentrate on the fact that for the first time ever, my closet is empty. That I won't be living here anymore. In couple of days my whole life is going to change.