Chapter 31

Katherine 

"You can't bail out." I tell Chris. He's been laying on the bed since we came back from sightseeing. I'm actually tired too, but my friends are waiting and he promised.

"Why can't we do it tomorrow?" He whines.

"Because they are already waiting for us." I put my hands on my hips. "We came back home at six, now it's nine. You had time to recharge." I point out and he looks at me.

"No." He says and lays his head back down.

"Then I'm sorry to break it to you... Guys still don't know that we are dating and who knows what will happen." A, I know that he forgot about our argument when my friends came to campus. It was two months ago. B, the guys in the group see me as their sister, so nothing can happen. But he doesn't know that. C, they actually know that we're together.

"What?" He exclaims and sits up on the bed. I knew it!

"Who knows..."

"I heard you the first time." He cuts me off and sighs in frustration. "You really know how to piss me off." He says standing up from the bed.

I didn't want to ruin his night, I just wanted him to agree to come with me. Now he'll be grumpy. Come to think of it... I've never seen him angry, really. He always softens immediately when I touch him or say something nice. It's weird that I can calm him down when I am the reason he gets angry.

He walks out of the room and I check myself in the mirror before leaving. I decided to wear a v-neck black shimmery dress with thin straps and black heels. The outfit is simple enough but the makeup is dark. I lined my eyes with a black eyeliner and put on some dark shadow on my eyelids. I also curled my hair differently, not just the ends like I usually do. But big nice curls throughout the whole strands.

When we get into the cab and drive to Venice, Chris is still angry. He is literally pouting because I used his jealousy against him. The car stops in front of the place and when we get out I notice the line that's formed in front of the club. Chris takes my hand in his and we walk toward the man who's standing with a list.

"Aren't we supposed to be waiting in line?" Ethan asks.

"That's not what we do." Diana tells him.

"Miss Black." The man greets me and moves the rope for us to get in.

"Are you a celebrity?" Ethan asks in amusement when we enter the place.

"Nope. It's just my territory." I say and lead them to the vip section.

We walk past the swaying and dancing drunk people. A young woman greets me and opens the black heavy curtains, where the whole group is sitting on two couches in a small room.

"Katherine!"

"Kat!"

They all stand up and move towards us. Nate immediately hugs me and Melanie squeals.

"Girl! I've missed you!" She exclaims.

We walk toward the couches and Chris and I take a seat on one of them.

"Wait. You two are together aren't you?" I tease Melanie and Josh, whose arm is all over Melanie's shoulder. She of course rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, we are." Josh proudly says and smokes his cigarette before kissing Melanie.

"Well I feel sorry for people around you." I say and everyone laughs.

"L.A. fucking sucks without you guys." Melanie pouts.

"Maybe you should've gotten into college." Briana says.

"Shut the fuck up would you!" Melanie barks.