Chapter 21

Christopher 

This woman and her stubbornness. She flipped me off yesterday with the words 'you're distracting me, I'll see you tomorrow after classes.' I miss her by the seconds and I just want to get to her dorm room and lay in her bed cuddling with her. I had to go to the office today and listen to my stupid boss saying that he'll give me more of a complex job next week. I fucking wanted to strangle him. He was mocking me, because I am already doing that 'complex' job and he always comes up with a remark, although I know that I'm a good writer. My professors at Berkeley read them and my father's old friend from Yale did too and they all agree with me. I should just quit my job, but I don't want to go to classes all the time. At least this way I get to stay at home three days a week... or drive to campus in the morning just to see my girl.

As I wait at the red light, I check my phone and see a text message from Katherine.

*I went out with Diana tonight. I'll see you tomorrow.*

Is she fucking kidding me? A car from behind me honks and I shift to drive. Is she doing this because I went with the guys yesterday? She fucking told me that it was okay... Fuck.

I make a u-turn and head to my flat. I can't stop thinking about why she doesn't want to see me? Is she hiding something from me again? I'm going mental here.

I arrive at my building and angrily step into the lift. I don't know how I should respond to her message, but I'm too angry. She could've chosen another night to go out. Also she didn't make plans, she just spontaneously went out with Diana. I hope she won't drink or I'll have to go there and drive her home, which she probably will argue about.

I open the door with my key to find the apartment half lit and with candles around the room leading to the bedroom.

I had to know that she was just playing me to get me to the flat. Fuck. I love her.

She steps out from the bedroom in a black silk dress and curled hair.

"Took you long enough." She says and I know what's going to happen.