Chapter 4

🎵 Forbidden Love - Maxchalant, Maiah Manser🎵

The next day, I wake up to the sound of my alarm. Diana rolls on to her stomach and covers her head with a pillow.

"We have to get up." I say and she groans. If only she was a morning person like me.

I get up from the bed and gather my toiletries. The fact that I have to shower in the same room with other people makes me consider moving into an apartment. But I really want to try to live on campus, to feel like an actual college student and not a privilege bitch that I usually label myself as. I take my robe and a towel and leave the room. The showers are not so bad. Water pressure is low and it's a little hard to wash off the shampoo but it will do, it reminds me of the gym showers. When I get back to the room, Diana is standing by her wardrobe.

"I don't know what to wear." Diana says. The hangers scrape against the metal rake as she goes through her clothes frantically.

"Wear something comfortable and simple." That's really the best option.

"I don't want to wear just jeans and a t-shirt. I want to stand out." She pouts. For the love of the universe, you'd think she's going to attend a ball. Not the first day of college lectures. 

I walk to my dresser and take out my black jeans and a white t-shirt. I grab the black converse from the closet and begin to change. And as I think about how to cover my face with some stupid makeup, I remember to cover my tattoo's. All the visible ones. For some reason I have a feeling that I will have to pretend to be someone else so that in my professors eyes I would be the smart and well mannered, nice student, that they will hopefully cut some slack. You can never know what you might need from them. 

"How the heck do you do that?" Diana asks me when I plug my flatiron.

"What?" My forehead wrinkles in confusion.

"How do you choose the most simple yet elegant outfits?" She asks amused, making me smile this early in the morning.

"No idea." I take my flatiron and start curling the ends of my hair.

She finally decides on a purple dress with a v-cut and black flats.

After watching Diana getting ready for way too long, "Can we go?" I ask impatiently. 

"No. I have to do my makeup." She states calmly. I swear she's doing this to irritate me. 

I sit on my bed and read the text messages while D is coloring on her face.

Squad

Melanie: How yall doing at college?

Carter: Why? You want to join? ;)

Melanie: Asshole  

Their banters never end. 

Nate: A girl just shut him up for talking too much, so he is taking it out on you :)

Carter: Ha Ha

Melanie: Why am I not surprised...

God, I already missed them so much. It's going to be weird going out somewhere without them. Finding new friends is going to be weird too. I haven't done that in a while.

"I'm done." Diana brings me back from my thoughts.

My first class is basics of computer science and Diana's is architectural design, which is in a different building. I walk into the room and there are only a couple of people who are already seated. I take a seat in the front row and take out my notebook. A tall, beautiful, darkish honey color blonde girl sits next to me and also takes out a notebook.