Chapter 19

Christopher 

I have been driving around all day, having no clue what to do. I know that I've been harsh, too harsh, but I had to give her an ultimatum or she'll never tell me. I love her so much and it's killing me that I've said those things to her, but I didn't have a choice. She has to tell me and whatever that is, I'll never leave her. Even if she tells me that she can't say it, I won't leave her. Fuck. What can be so bad that she's so afraid to tell me?

I drive back to the flat. I don't think that it's a good idea for us to be around each other while she's thinking about telling me or not telling me and honestly I'm tired. I haven't eaten today and I have been driving and I didn't sleep long last night.

I open the door to the flat and at first I hear the smell of food and then notice Katherine standing near the kitchen island, looking at me. She's wearing a simple white dress, her hair in a messy bun on top of her head. She looks incredibly innocent right now and her sad eyes are making my heart ache.

I walk over to the table where I usually put my keys on and throw them into the decorative plate that makes a loud sound and I look back at her. She doesn't flinch at the sound; she just sighs and runs her hands together.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"I came to talk." She says with a low voice.

"Okay..." Is she going to tell me what she's hiding or is she going to fight me over this? I hope it's the first one.

"I made dinner. Are you hungry?" She asks, pointing to the pan on the stove. It smells fucking delicious and hell yes I am hungry.

"Yes, I am actually." I say, my voice coming out exhausted and I walk over to the round dining table.

She brings two plates filled with pasta and utensils. She takes a seat next to me and I dig my fork into the pasta with tomato sauce. She's an excellent cook. I don't know how she learned it but her cooking is better than a chef which is ironic because she doesn't eat anything, mostly. My point is proven when she only turns the fork with pasta and doesn't have a bite.

"You're not going to eat?" I ask her and she shakes her head still looking at the table and not at me.

"I'd rather not." She responds.

I take another bite when she says, "I'm sorry." I look up at her and her eyes are glossy. "I'm going to tell them about us." She says.

"You still haven't told them?" What the fuck Katherine?!

"I will tell them next time I see them..." She says. Oh, here we go. Next time. When is it going to be a month later?

"Diana knows about us anyway." She goes on when I don't say anything.

"Do you like it?" She asks a minute later. I stopped eating when she mentioned her friends.

"Yes." I mumble. I look up at her. I don't know what to do now...

"What did you want to talk about?" I finally ask her and she presses her lips into a thin line.

"It can wait until you're done eating." She says a moment later.

"I'm done." I say, dropping down the fork, that makes a loud sound and getting up from the chair. I walk over to the couch and take a seat. She follows me, but just stands there, looking at me.

"What I'm about to tell you...is something that I haven't told anyone." She says and I tense. Is she serious... I'm getting worried now and I see that she's afraid of my reaction to whatever she's going to tell me.

"You know that I was in a relationship." She says and waits for my reaction. I nod and she continues. "Well, it wasn't a simple relationship as you might think." She says, letting out a sad laugh. She sits on the couch next to me.