Chapter 32

Christopher 

I didn't drink as much as Katherine, but I did have one vodka shot and two whiskeys. As soon as she walks into her room she falls down onto the bed with her clothes and makeup on.

"Baby, you should change." I tell her and she shakes her head.

"Come on." I say and help her get up.

Partying like the old times doesn't help her at all. She hasn't been drinking this much for almost two years, as she told me in the club. Besides the time when she blacked out. I take off her dress and she giggles as I do. I help her put on a shirt and she climbs back into the bed. I sigh in defeat. At least she got out of that dress. I lay down next to her and cover us with the comforter.

I stare at the ceiling while thinking about tonight. She was having so much fun. She was young and carefree. But she was also too drunk to notice some of the things. Like the fact that her best male friend likes her, Nate I think his name is. That's so fucking obvious. I tried to send him a message by pulling Katherine to my lap, which she was totally in for. She loves me so much that she's oblivious of the male attention that she's getting. When they went out from the vip section to dance with everyone else, I saw how people were looking at her. I was almost at my breaking point. But I don't do that. I don't get angry in front of Katherine, that's the only thing I will never do. I did have a conversation with the guys though, while the girls were dancing. Fucking Carter challenged me with that stupid question of his, when they came back. I was ready to choke him at that point.

I don't know if Katherine knows what's going on inside the group, but she was right by not telling me some of the things. I mean, the fact that she thought that it was better not to tell me is, but it's good that I know. If they are fucking comparing me to Logan then they are all idiots and neither of them are good. Every person in that group has a secret and a shady business. It's strange that they are Katherine's best friends, when they didn't even give a fuck about her. The worst part was Josh saying that Logan and him have been best friends since kindergarten. I have a feeling that he is still talking to that fucker and he actually knows where he is.

"Chris," Katherine says and wraps her hands around me.

Even in her sleep she is so beautiful. I love her so much, but I have to do something about her friends. At least she doesn't live in the same city as them anymore, but I'm just worried that they might cause another problem for her.

In the morning I feel her hands on my hair. I love it when she does that and I'm usually a heavy sleeper, so I don't mind her doing it.

"Good morning," I say, my voice is thick from sleep.

"Good morning babe." She says and I can hear in her voice that she's smiling. "I think that mom made breakfast." She says and I feel the smell of food coming from the kitchen.

"What time is it?" I ask looking up to her.

"It's noon. So I should've probably said lunch." She giggles. Noon? Fuck. She's been probably up since eight. I don't know how she does it, but she wakes up at eight no matter when she goes to sleep.

"When did you wake up?" I ask her and she smiles.

"Not for long actually. I guess I needed it." She says and only now I remember that she was very drunk last night.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her, my voice full of concern and sit up next to her.

"I actually feel good. It's weird... considering the fact that I've drunk so much."

"Well I'm glad that you feel okay."

She climbs out of the bed and walks over to the open suitcase on the floor. She takes out her grey cotton shorts and puts them on before turning to me.