Chapter 33

Katherine 

When I open the door to my room to walk downstairs, Amy and Kevin run past me, almost knocking me to the ground.

"Merry Christmas!" They both exclaim as they run downstairs.

The door to Harvey's room opens and he stands in the doorway awkwardly, wiping his eyes with his hands.

"Merry fucking Christmas." He growls and walks downstairs.

"Come on." Chris says behind me, taking my hand in his and leading me into the living room where all of the family and our guests gathered.

"Hurry up!" Amy shouts, sitting on the carpet waiting for someone to bring her gifts to her. She's a brat.

Everyone, except Amy, take their gifts from under the tree and sit down on the couch and the armchairs.

Chris sits down on the armchair and pulls me by my wrist to sit down on his lap. Such a cute move, I might melt down.

"Youngest first." Dad says and Kevin opens his first gift.

The wrapping paper is all over the place when Amy starts to open her gifts. I always liked Christmas for this excitement, that you don't know what your loved ones are going to get you as a present and you wait with anticipation. My mom and dad always get a gift from Santa for kids. I'm sure that they both know that it's fake, but they act all happy and obviously they're not going to complain about an extra gift.

"Oh my god!" Amy exclaims, making everyone jump on their seats. "I wanted this charm for so long! Thank you sis!" She says and pulls me into a hug. If I wasn't sitting on Chris's lap in his embrace, I sure as hell would've fallen down onto the floor.

"You're welcome." I laugh and she let's me go.

"Which one is it?" Diana asks her, she has a charm bracelet too. I actually have one too, but I swiped charms to tattoos a long time ago.

"It's the rose gold Cinderella carriage charm, look." She shows her the charm.

"Very pretty." Diana says with a smile.

"Harvey," Dad says.

"Thank you for reminding me that I'm younger than her." Harvey pouts, pointing at me.

"Good for you. She'll always be the oldest one." Amy says wickedly.

"I'll kill you." I mouth to her and she laughs.

"I saw that." Diana says and I flip her off, earning a glare from my mother. She's okay with our manners on other days, but she takes Christmas very seriously.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Harvey groans. Yeap, talking about our manners... "Clippers, Katherine? Clippers! Really?" Harvey asks with a murderous glare and everyone bursts into laughter.

"Oh sorry... You are a Lakers fan." I smack myself to make it funnier. "I must've forgotten." I say and everyone laughs harder.

"You're the devil." Chris says to my ear and I turn to him, smiling.

"I know." I say and he chuckles.

"Wait for it..." Harvey says. "This isn't finished." He points a finger at me.

"I think you're using the wrong finger." I joke. "It should be the middle one."

"Fuck off." He says and throws my gifts to the side. I bought him a Clippers jersey, hat, keychain and a poster. I don't follow basketball teams, but I know that the Lakers hate the Clippers. It was just given, to make Harvey angry.

"Katherine." My dad says when Harvey finishes opening his gifts.

I open Harvey's gift first and scowl at him. I'm much more glad that I bought him those things now.

"A wine subscription?" I ask him. Diana and Chris burst into laughter. "I hate wine." I say and everyone laughs. "Wait for it. One, one." I say, counting the score. This is officially the beginning of a war.

"Can't wait sis." He mocks and I throw a bow at him.

Next thing I open the gift from Diana, it's a pair of grey Jordan's with a blue on the sides. I can see myself wearing these. She also got me a book, The Kilimanjaro Device by my favorite author, Ray Bradbury.

"You got my least favorite book of my favorite author?" I ask her and she giggles. Humorous, really. Is there a hidden camera somewhere? Are we in a reality show?

"You've said that you haven't completed reading that book." She reminds me. "So give it another try."

"Have you read it?"

"No." She answers truthfully. Funny that she's suggesting that I read a book that she hasn't read.

"I will. But because it's Ray Bradbury." I say.

Kevin got me a box of coffee beans and a mug that says 'to my favorite sister'. I know that he got me this one because Amy won't see it. But I'm sure that he loves me better. Amy's gift is very cool, she got me bath bombs and a waterproof bathroom speaker. She knows me so well. I'll definitely use these at the flat, preferably with Chris. My mom and dad got me a photo album filled with our black and white family pictures. They know that I love pictures and that I appreciate our family, so it's an amazing gift. Especially the fact that it's in b&w. Ethan got me a gift card and lastly there is Christopher's gift. It's the most important one so I saved it for the end.

It's a small box wrapped in a white paper and with a black bow on it. When I tear the packaging I see a navy box with the H and W on it. Meaning that it's Harry Winston. Did he really spend so much money on jewelry? I open the box to reveal a bracelet that looks like mine from Cartier, but in silver color and Harry Winston logo on it. The most important part is the engraving on the bracelet that says 'XV IX MMXX', which means September 15th 2020. It's the day we went on our first date. I guess he's considering the start of our relationship from that day. I guess I do too. We started hanging out together and we were doing the things that couples would do, until I ruined it because I couldn't say that I loved him.

"Do you like it?" Chris asks, nervously and I look at him. "If you want we can change the color. I just thought that..."

"I love it!" I cut him off. I can't see him this worried. It's cute though. He's worried that I might not like a gift, when this is the best one I have ever gotten. Except my car, but let's not tell him that. "The color is fine." I laugh. "It's silver for God's sake. I like silver. I'm going to wear them together. Thank you..." I kiss him. "So much." I say and he looks at my parents, his cheeks turning red. So much for a tough guy... I don't mind kissing him in front of them.

"Open your gifts." I say and he opens one of them.