Chapter 12

Christopher

I was determined to talk to her, the only thing I didn't know was that it would turn into such a mess. As I walk away from this goddamn house and climb inside my car, I mentally smack myself for believing that a girl like Katherine might actually love me. The worst part is that I knew this would be the answer, non answer. She is so distant and doesn't even show her feelings. I am an idiot! She doesn't show them because she doesn't have them. She doesn't love me. She doesn't have any feelings for me. This was just a fling for her, nothing more. She once told me that the kiss meant nothing to her and I cornered her by saying that it did. She was probably laughing at me, at my stupidity.

"Fuuuck!" I hit my hands on the steering wheel.

I have to get out of here. I should go and drink or better get off and forget about her. But I can't do that. Because even though she doesn't love me, I love her and it hurts. It hurts loving someone who doesn't love you back. I won't ever kiss or touch her. I will only have a memory of her being unguarded for a moment. When we watched a movie, when we went on our date... that's it. All the other times she was very distant and guarded.

I park my car in the parking garage of my building and take the elevator to my flat. When my phone buzzes, I walk towards my flat down the hallway and just let it ring because I'm not in the mood to answer whoever the fuck that is. I look around at the empty place, thinking that I'll probably die alone, loving this one woman. My chest will probably always have this pain...

"What?" I finally answer the phone because it won't stop buzzing.

"Hey man, where did you go?" Owen asks as I walk into the bedroom and lay down on the bed.

"Home." I'm fucking tired.

"Have you seen your girl?" He asks. My girl? What?

"She's not my girl Owen." I snap. She could've been, if she wasn't so fucking difficult.

"Bro, I was just going to say that she looked like hell leaving the place." He says and I sit up.

"What?"

"Yeah. I think she was crying. I don't know what happened though. Ethan took her home." He explains and I stand up from the bed, pacing back and forth. I have to call Ethan.

"I'm going to call Ethan." I say and hang up the phone.

Just as I'm about to hit the green button, I stop and think about it for a second. Why should I be concerned? She had her chance to say how she felt and she didn't. She was crying though... No, I don't care. I throw my phone onto the bed and enter the bathroom to take a shower. I'm done with her and her games.