Chapter 13

Katherine

I was planning on spending the rest of the weekend in bed, but a knock on the door the next day brings me to reality. I couldn't sleep the whole night and then I was so exhausted that I eventually fell asleep, but I feel like I'm dead. Like I literally can't move.

Diana stands up from the bed to answer the door and I begin to panic. What if it's Christopher? Would he come? Would he ask me if I love him?

Diana probably has the same thoughts as I do because she looks at me with a slight panic. She didn't force me to talk last night or today, which I'm grateful for, because I don't feel like talking. She opens the door to find Nate standing in the hallway. He looks amazing as always. He's wearing a light blue shirt and black jeans with white sports shoes. His light brown, almost blond hair is styled up and he has his perfect smile on his face, until he sees me and it fades away.

"What happened?" He asks, walking into the room. He sits on the edge of the bed.

"Nothing." I lie. I forgot that we had plans, him coming here to visit me. He made that drive here and I'm such a mess.

"No, something is wrong. I can tell." He says with concern. Diana looks at me waiting for me to explain to my friend why I look like this.

"You can tell by my looks?" I try to joke but my voice comes out too serious.

"No, of course not. You look beautiful as always." He assures me. He's so nice. He always was the nicest in our group.

"Thanks." I mutter. "I'm sorry that I'm such a mess, I forgot that you were coming."

"It's okay... Now are you going to tell me what happened?" He looks at me and then at Diana.

"A guy that I like told me that he loves me." Saying this out loud makes me scream and crawl into a ball.

"Wow." He smiles. "And why is it bad?" He asks softly.

"Because I can't say it back." I admit and I feel the tears welling up in my eyes.

"Because of Logan?" Nate frowns as he puts the pieces together. He is one of the many people who knows what happened between me and him.

"Mostly yes. He did lie to me. He said that he loved me and then..."

"It's not the same." Diana cuts me off. "Logan was a son of a bitch, who didn't care about anyone besides himself. He was playing you. He was playing with all of us. Although we should have seen it, realized it... but we didn't. Because we were children." She explains it with a frown. I know that she hates Logan as much as I do. Hell, everyone who knows him does, even his own mother.

"And about Chris," She goes on. "I can see the way he looks at you. He is concerned about you. He wants to get to know you. Logan never asked me about how you were or what you liked. He never tried to even talk to me, he always saw himself above everyone else. Chris, on the other hand, is trying to get to know you. He asks me so many things. I don't tell everything obviously, I just try to help a little. But he is asking them with such curiosity and passion, you should have seen his face, when I told him that you and Harvey don't get along. He was worried about you and that is love. Ethan also told me that he had never seen him like this before, talking and thinking about only one girl." She smiles and I swear I'm going to lose it.

I already feel so bad and her saying all of this makes everything worse.

"The most important thing is... do you love him?" She asks me again.

"I can't answer that, not right now." I say, shaking my head.

"Well, let's do something fun then." Nate says and I raise a brow. "I know, I know you're not in the mood." He says raising his hands in innocence. "But, we can try to do something at least. So that you won't be sitting here and blaming yourself for everything bad in your life."