Chapter 25

Katherine 

We forgot about the dreadful dinner pretty quickly and I'm so glad that it's not a problem between us anymore. I don't know what makes Chris so angry about seeing her, besides the fact that she ruined his teenage years and never gave him a chance to actually live with his father that he loves so much. I think that I would really like to know him. He's the only person that Christopher looks up too. They have the best father son relationship, despite Irene.

This month is very stressful as Chris and I turn in our last assignments and get ready for our finals before the winter break. I'm slightly nervous about going back to L.A. with Christopher, but he seems to be in a good mood. I just have to relax and let the past be the past.

Diana and I decided to grab a cup of coffee before the first class to have some extra energy. I have been staying mostly in the dorm. Well... when I say mostly, it's like three times a week. More than usual but still not as much as I should be. Chris always says that I'm distracting him and then comes up with something like 'Stay one more night', 'I miss you', 'Don't go'. His pouting always leads to the same thing, me staying at his apartment or me driving there.

"We are going to L.A. too." Diana blurts out as we wait for our coffee order.

"What?" I look at her.

"Ethan and I are going to L.A. for Christmas, with you." She says and gives me a nervous smile.

"You're kidding?" I ask but can't help my smile.

"As much as I think that it's not my home... It is and it always will be. I did live there for fourteen years. I just hope that you accept last minute guests," She jokes and I laugh.

"You're part of the family D, you're always welcomed." I assure her.

"And the whole group is going to be in the city. I want to see them all." She says with excitement.

"Yeah... me too." This is so much better. To have Diana by my side.

The group can be a problem. I told them that I have a boyfriend a long time ago actually and they really want to see him. I just don't want Chris to think of me differently because of the things that they might say or do. All of us grew up of course, and we have goals in life now, things that we care about. We're not those reckless teenagers anymore. But growing up doesn't change you completely, at the end we're still the people who threw parties, stole things and covered up mistakes. From outside we look like angels, in the inside we're demons and we bring people to slowly torture them in our hell. The metaphor sounds a little extreme, but so fucking true.