Chapter Two - Best way to get to know someone

"Okay, honey, come on." I sighed, my arms wrapped around a very drunk Haley's waist so that I could keep her standing up as I held her arm around my shoulder. After I had talked to Tom at the bar, I had gone back to Haley, who had promptly ended up drinking the night away. Though I had to admit that instead of dedicating myself fully to looking after my drunk best friend, my mind had been somewhat distracted by thoughts of Tom, and the conversations that we'd had. Sure, we had only properly talked twice, but we were already flirting with each other pretty readily, and I definitely wanted to see where it went with the kind boy. Even if it only led to a one-time hook up, at least I'd get laid as a result, and laid with the Tom Holland of all people, too. There could be worse outcomes.

"Why, Y/N? I'm not tired." She huffed.

"Yes you are, hun, you need to sleep off what you drank tonight." I replied, my voice slightly strained with the weight of supporting her too as I walked her to the lift.

"Noooo!" She giggled and shook her head. I looked at her.

"Jesus, Haley, how much did you drink?" I scoffed, my mind immediately recognising the phase of drunk that made my best friend almost revert to a child. Making her all the more difficult to deal with, and get to her room.

"Only, like, five vodka cokes. Doubles." She giggled again. My eyes widened and I sighed.

"Oh my fucking god." I mumbled as we stood at the lift, my mind silently begging for it to hurry the fuck up so that I could get Haley to bed.

"Do you want some help?" My eyes widened slightly, my heart jumping in my chest as the voice that was already familiar to me rang out through the corridor. I bit my lip as I turned around, a sigh leaving my mouth as Tom walked up to us.

"Obviously it's you, sure, yeah, our rooms are on the fifth floor." I nodded.

"How convenient, so is mine." He chuckled as he looped Haley's other arm over his shoulder and wrapped his arm around her waist to help me hold her up. I gulped and bit my lip, my heart virtually exploding in my chest as him wrapping his arm around her waist meant that he was resting the limb underneath mine, our skin pressing together as we both supported her.

"Brilliant, of course it is." I smiled, somewhat sarcastically as the doors of the lift finally opened.

"Come on, hun, let's get you in." I spoke as all of us clambered into the lift. The doors closed and the lift started to move, an awkward silence filling the air as Haley looked up at Tom.

"Oh, hello, Tom." She giggled, making him look down at the absolutely bladdered girl.

"Hey, Haley." He smiled kindly at her.

"You know, Y/N thinks that you're so nice, and really handsome." She slurred, once again dragging out her words as she spoke. I sighed and clenched my jaw as my eyes fluttered shut. This was exactly why I hadn't wanted Tom to join us, because Haley had no filter when she was drunk, and she had already made Tom and I meeting more of a thing than I had made it, so of course she was stood there, completely exposing me to the guy who I did admittedly think was hot as shit. Tom smirked and nodded as he looked at me.

"Does she now?" he smiled, making me scoff and playfully roll my eyes as I made a point of looking at the doors of the lift instead of at him.

"Yeah. She wants to fuck you-." My eyes widened.

"Okay, that's enough, Haley, come on." I scoffed and looked at her, my cheeks flushing deeply red as I made a point of avoiding looking at Tom.

"No, go on, I want to know what else you want to do to me." He smirked and bit his lip as he looked at me. Arrogant sod, I thought, a groan leaving my lips as the lift doors opened and we walked out.