Chapter Three - The day of the wedding

~Two weeks later~

"Haley, you look stunning." I gushed as she stood in front of me on the small platform in her wedding dress, and I moved around her body to make sure that everything was just as it should have been.

"Do I really?" she sheepishly smiled.

"Yes! You look fucking amazing! Harrison isn't going to be able to take his eyes off of you." I shook my head, my eyes on her veil as I fixed it, and made sure that it fell correctly.

"Never mind him not taking his eyes off of me, I'm leaving and walking back down the aisle if he doesn't cry." She scoffed.

"Damn fucking right." I smirked, making her laugh and nod. She bit her lip and looked at me.

"Thank you, by the way. I haven't really said that throughout this whole process, so thank you." She smiled. I returned her gaze with furrowed eyebrows.

"For what?" I chuckled.

"For being an amazing maid of honour, what do you think? I couldn't have pulled off planning my dream wedding if not for you." She shook her head.

"Aw, Haley...stop being all soppy, you'll ruin both of our faces if you make us cry." I chuckled, making her smirk and shake her head as she looked ahead again. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I called, not bothering to look and see who it was as I focused on Haley's dress.

"Is the bride ready?" my eyes widened as I recognised the voice immediately, my heart jumping in my chest as all of the memories from a fortnight ago came flooding back. Specifically the memories of the admittedly incredible night that I had spent with the boy. I looked up at Haley and clenched my jaw, a sigh leaving my lips as she smirked down at me. I didn't even have to ask her to know exactly what she was thinking, and that was without her having the knowledge that we'd ended up sleeping together. I turned around and gave Tom a small smile as the boy walked into the room. And I had to admit, he looked really fucking good. His body was clad in a similar suit to the one that he had worn at the rehearsal dinner, a crisp white dress shirt sitting underneath a black dress jacket, black trousers, a navy tie and black shoes. Given that he was Harrison's best man, he had the flower that had been picked for the wedding also clipped to his breast pocket to add that nice little pop of colour. And his hair, god, his hair. The boy obviously hadn't had a hair cut in a while, and hadn't put gel in it this morning either, but that gave him the handsomely rugged look of loose curls, and finished off the look that made him look perfect. I snapped back, Tom returning the look as he saw me.

"Hello, you. Long-time, no see." He smirked.

"Shut up and help me get her shoes on." I smiled sarcastically as I held up her heels to show him. He chuckled and nodded as he walked up to us.

"Here." I mumbled as I handed him a shoe. He got down on one knee and started to move the ruffles of Haley's dress to find her foot.

"Wow, there's a lot of dress here, Jesus." He scoffed as he eventually found Haley's foot and put the shoe on, me doing the same with the other foot.

"Brilliant. Now that the bride has shoes on, are you guys ready?" he asked as he stood up again.

"Yeah, I think so. Let's go, Haley." I nodded, Tom returning the nod as he turned and started to head back to the door.

"Hey, wait." He mumbled, making me look at him as he turned back to me, just like he'd done the morning that he snuck out of my hotel room.

"Yeah?" I asked. He leant in slightly, making me gulp as my eyes flicked down to look at his lips that were just by my ear.