Chapter Ten - Dinner, and a blessing

Y/N's P.O.V

I applied my last coat of lipstick, my look finally complete as I looked at myself in the mirror. Tonight, Tom was meeting my parents for the first time over dinner, and I knew that my poor boyfriend was absolutely shitting himself. Whilst I had no doubt that they'd love him, Tom definitely did, and so he'd been incredibly nervous all day.

"Not bad." I nodded to myself as I admired my final look.

"Darling." I turned around as Tom walked in, the boy holding up two ties with his dress shirt unbuttoned.

"Which one?" he gulped.

"You don't need to wear a tie, babe, we're staying here for dinner." I chuckled and shook my head as I walked to him, and tucked his shirt into his trousers.

"Yeah, but I'm meeting your parents, I need to make a good impression." He mumbled as he looked down.

"You're going to be fine. Just be yourself, and you'll win them over." I nodded as I leant up and started to gently kiss his neck.

"Oh no, no, sweetheart, they're coming in fifteen minutes, don't you dare get me started before they get here." He chuckled and shook his head.

"It's not my fault that you look so fucking good in your suit." I teased, making him smirk and shake his head as I pulled away and started to button up his shirt. I bit my lip and rested my hands on his chest as I finished, Tom flicking his gaze over my face as he curled his arms around my waist.

"You're going to be brilliant, Tommy. I'm sure of it." I nodded in reassurance.

"Thank you, love." He gave me a small smile, making me return it as he leant in and kissed me.

Tom and I sat at our dinner table with my parents, all four of us laughing, talking, and eating as we enjoyed the night. I wasn't sure what Tom had been worried about, he had turned on his usual charm the second that my parents had arrived, and been making them laugh ever since. If they ended the night thinking that he wasn't good enough for me, then I doubted that they'd think that anyone on the planet was good enough for me.

"So, kids, how long have you been together now?" mum asked as she looked between us.

"An amazing year and a half now." Tom nodded and looked at me, making me smile and bite my lip at him as he rested his hand on my thigh under the table.

"And how did you meet?" dad asked. My eyes widened, as did Tom's as we looked at each other. We talked with our eyes, our pupils widening and squinting as we silently decided not to tell my parents behind the truth of us meeting. After all, they didn't need to know that we'd had sex within an hour of knowing each other, and then had had sex again before Tom had even asked me out. Nah. They didn't need to know that. Tom didn't need to die tonight.

"U-um...Haley introduced us at her rehearsal dinner." He nodded and looked at me, making my eyes widen slightly as I nodded and agreed with the story.

"Yes, she did. She thought that we'd be good for each other, and she was right." I chuckled.

"Quite." Mum smiled. Tom and I returned it as he raised his glass of wine to his lips.

"So, Tom, what are your intentions with my daughter?" dad asked. My eyes widened, as did Tom's as he choked on his wine.

"Dad!" I hissed, Tom grabbing his napkin and hurrying to wipe the spilled wine off of his face and tie as I put my hand on his arm in reassurance.

"E-erm...I don't, I don't know how to answer that." Tom gulped and shook his head.