Chapter Twenty-one - The big day

~Five months later~

Tom and I stood in our bedroom, Tom watching me as I zipped up my suitcase.

"Let me get that." He spoke as he lifted it up from the bed.

"Thank you." I smiled, making him return it as I pecked his lips. I walked to the front door of the house, Tom following me with my bag as we headed out into the street, and to Haley's car. Today was finally it, today was the day before mine and Tom's wedding, and I couldn't wait. I wasn't to be mistaken, I was also shitting myself, but I couldn't believe that we were here. After everything that Tom and I had gone through in the last year and a half, it felt so surreal that we were less than twenty-four hours away from getting married. But we were here, and it had been worth every second. Tom carried my bag out to Haley's car and put it into the boot before closing it and looking at me.

"You got everything, my love? Your wedding dress, your makeup, your hair stuff, your lingerie-."

"Yes, Tommy, dirty bastard, I have everything!" I laughed and nodded. He smirked and returned the nod as he hugged me tightly. I returned it, tears already pricking my eyes in anticipation of our wedding as we buried our faces into each other's hair.

"The next time that I see you, you'll be Mrs Holland." He mumbled into my skin.

"And I can't wait." I nodded. He returned it as he pulled back, allowing me to see his face again as I leant in and kissed him. He returned it, our eyes fluttering shut and my hands holding his face as he rested his hands against my lower back. I broke the kiss and looked at him.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I nodded.

"Yeah, sweetheart, see you tomorrow. Drive safe, I love you." He spoke gently as his eyes flicked over my face.

"I love you too." I replied, making him smile as I pecked his lips one more time before climbing into the car.

"Look after my girl for me!" Tom yelled to Haley.

"Will do, lover boy!" she laughed, making both Tom and I return it as she started to drive us away. My smile dipped as Tom became smaller in the windshield mirror, tears starting to prick my eyes at the enormity of everything. The next time that I saw Tom...I would be marrying him. I couldn't wait, but naturally it was also making me very emotional. I sighed and bit my lip in a weak attempt to hold back the tears, making Haley look at me.

"Oh, come on, girl, you'll see him again tomorrow, and you've not been apart for half a year." She chuckled, making me halfheartedly return it as she gently patted my leg.

"I know, but...the next time that I see him, I'm going to be married to him. I'm going to be his wife, I'm going to be Mrs Holland." I choked and shook my head. She looked at me.

"What, are you reconsidering it?" she asked.

"No, no." I scoffed and shook my head as I looked at her.

"Then what's the issue, babe?" she smiled. I returned it and looked at her as a tear left my eyes.

"I just can't wait."

Tom's P.O.V

Tom sat in front of the TV in Harrison and Haley's living room, the boy bored out of his mind and also not tired in the slightest as he aimlessly flicked through the TV channels.

"Tom?" he looked over the back of the sofa and sighed as Harrison walked in, his best friend tiredly rubbing his eyes as he entered the room.

"Mate, it's two in the morning, what are you doing up?" he scoffed. Tom shrugged and turned back to the TV.