Chapter twenty two

After our amazing shower I go get some jean-looking leggings and a green long sleeved shirt.  After putting them on with minimal distractions from Darius I go to the closet for my shoes. Grabbing my boots and a pair of socks from my drawer I sit on the bed to put them on.

"You almost done baby?" Darius asks leaning on the door frame.

"Yeah just give me a sec.." I say finishing up.

Standing up I face him with a smile and he smiles back, "come on let's go," he says holding a hand out to me.  Taking his hand we head out to get work done.

Two hours later we have fifteen buckets of blue, crimson, green, purple, fire and ice, and pink roses ready to take to Rachel's flower shop.

Darius loads the back of the truck up while I get the heater going it's a bit cold today.  Leaning out the window I ask again if he's sure I can't help, but he just finished loading the buckets and putting a tarp over the top to protect the roses.

So I decided to fiddle with the music and settled on a black eyed peas song, so when Darius opened the door not only was I singing I was dancing too.

His surprised laughter made me look at him, "what?" I asked arching an eyebrow.

"Nothin you're just cute," he said with laughter in his voice.  Shaking his head he got in, "I love you babe, I don't think I've smiled this much in a while or been this truly happy."

"Awe I love you too babe!" I lean over kissing him, making him laugh.

"Ok put your seatbelt on so we can go," he says putting his own on.

I buckle up and Darius starts driving while trying not to laugh as I was back to dancing along with the music.

"Babe stop distracting me," he chuckles as we get to the gate.

"You're just jealous of my sick moves," I wink at him making him belly laugh.

Shaking his head he puts the truck in park to get out, "oh yeah I am... my moves aren't half as funny," he says jumping out before I can smack his arm but I'm laughing at his quick escape.

I watch him as he opens the gate, have I mentioned what a nice butt my mate has? Omg when did I get so lewd? Oh yeah there was always a reason Maggie and I would get along just fine.

When Darius climbs back in I have a wistful smile on my face.  "What are you thinking about?" He asks and I just shake my head not answering making him roll his eyes.  We pull through the gate and he repeats the process with the gate this time closing it instead of opening it.

"Ok off to Moonlight Blooms," Darius says after buckling his seatbelt.

"Yay!" I cheer and Darius laughs. "I can't wait to catch up with Rachel I haven't seen her since we graduated from high school," I say wiggling in my seat.

"Then this will be a nice surprise for her too," he says and we begin talking about our plans for lunch.

"How do you feel about.... chicken?" He asks and I shrug.

"I could eat chicken, are we gonna eat chicken?" I ask.

"Maybe.. maybe not I'm still thinking of possible choices," Darius murmurs turning his focus to the road more as we enter town.

I begin people watching as we head to the flower shop.  Trying to see if I know anyone that's out and about, not that I know many people or anything.

We pull up outside of Moonlight Blooms and park out front.  Giddy to see my old friend I wiggle in my seat unbuckling myself.  Darius smirks at me and we get out.

Darius goes to the back of the truck to start unloading as Henry comes outside.  "Hey D you got our shipment? Ray says she needs your blue roses for a wedding bouquet she's working on," he says coming over.

"Hi Via, you can head on in if you want leave the heavy lifting to us guys," he says as he starts lifting up some of the buckets.

"Awesome I'm going to go say hi to Rachel," I say excusing myself.

Heading in I skip to the counter where Rachel is standing, "long time no see Rach!" I say smiling and she looks up with a smile of her own.

"Oh my goodness Via don't tell me you're Darius' mate? This is so Awesome! That basically means that we're family now!" She says bouncing.

"Hey becareful babe!" Henry says bringing in two big buckets follower by Darius carrying two more.

"I'm fine, you bounce me more than this so I'm gonna be alright," she says winking at him.

Blushing I look at Darius who is trying not to laugh while also looking grossed out, it's funny.

I hear a rumble come from Henry's chest, "later" is all he says and I look away from the blatant eye fucking going on.

"Ok stop it.. let's finish then Via and I will give you the shop to do that," Darius says to Henry while bumping him with a bucket.

"Dar.." I start saying when the door opens.

"Hello welcome to Moonlight Blooms how may I help you?" Rachel asks as the guys get back to work.

"Hello I would like some daisies for my wife," this little old man says. He looks around at the different flowers but smiles when his eyes land on the daisies.

"Sure no problem is that all you would like today?" Rachel asks and he nods.

Rachel works quickly gathering the daisies, making a small bouquet of them she ties them together with a ribbon covered in stars.

As they complete their exchange I busy myself with looking at all the different flowers and plants.  They have quite the selection from cactus to bonsai trees, they even have venus fly traps and birds of paradise.

"Thankyou and please come again," I hear Rachel say and make my way back over.

"So tell me how did you meet Dare?" She asks and I smile.

"She can tell you tonight at dinner," Darius says coming up behind me as Henry does the same with her.

"Aww you're such a kill joy Dare!" She pouts and we laugh.

"Tonight don't forget and I want all the juicy deets!" she says smiling and I laugh.

"Ok see you tonight," I say as we head out.