Chapter thirty five

"Creepy stalker? What do you mean? Via it's me, Keith..Keith Aaron. You remember you were always so nice to me, I'm sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. But you're safe now, you'll never have to see that lizard again." He says.

"I'm not safe here and the dragon you're talking about is my mate and husband. You could have killed me with what you did, you hurt my friends and family." I say getting angry.

"THEY ARE NOT YOUR FAMILY I AM!"

*sigh*

"Via.. Via.. Via... it's ok you don't have to pretend anymore, you're home now. Once we get you used to your new life here we can start making babies for grandma to raise while we have fun. It will be so great!" He says while coming to touch me but I pull away.

"Don't touch me," I say and I can see anger in his eyes.

"I know you're still adjusting so I'll let that slide for now," he moves quickly and grabs me by my hair lifting me by it slightly. "Talk to me that way again and I will be forced to punish you and you won't like it," he says and I spit in his face.

He back hands me hard splitting my lip, but when he let's my hair go I kick him in the knee as hard as I can. I hit the inner side of his right knee making it pop out to the outside. Basically it looked like it was bending out in the wrong direction. If I wasn't so focused on getting passed him it would have grossed me out.

I ran passed him as he screamed in rage and agony. Slamming the door behind me I dropped a set of shelves down infront of it. When I turned I was greeted with the sound of a shot gun cocking.

An older woman stood with it pointed at me, I froze.

"Who are you an' what did you do to my grandson?" She asks in a strong voice.

"He abducted me and hurt my family to do it, I just want to go home to my husband. Please let me leave " I say calmly.

"Don't you let her get away! She's my woman now! She just has to learn our ways! Don't let her be tainted by a fucking LIZARD!" He yells while banging on the door.

"You a shifter's mate girl?" She asks.

"Yes my husband is a dragon shifter and he will come looking for me! If you dont want him to burn your home to the ground, I suggest that you let me leave right now." I say and she makes a face.

"Or I could just kill you and that would kill him too," she says seriously.

"No it wouldn't... he would burn the world to the ground if I'm not there to keep him whole. Do you want the destruction of the world on your hands?" I ask and she weighs her options.

"I don't believe you, you're a monster lover and you hurt my grandbaby." She says taking aim about to shoot.

Just before she can pull the trigger we are both bathed in blue flames. The difference is she's burning.. I'm not.

Turning I scream out with my arms raised up "DARIUS!!!"

He circles and lands shifting back while some guys get up from siding off him. Some wolves come running from the treeline behind them are now heading our way too.

Right now though my focus is on my mate who is running to me. I sob as he picks me up holding me close.

"Oh thank you God you're alive, are you hurt let me see," he says putting me down to look me over. He snarls at my bloody lip and bruised cheek. "How did this happen? Who hurt you?"

"My stalker he hit me he moved faster than a normal person, I don't think he is normal." I say remembering that I'm supposed to be harder to hurt.

"He's a hunter, I just got a link from the pack hospital Mel said they were hunters, we killed the other one already." One of the guys said.

"Oh God the girls.. how are the girls?" I say with despair and fear.

"Let me ask," the guy says then gets a vacant look on his face.

*BANG BANG*

"LET ME OUT IT'S HOT IN HERE!"

I jump and Darius pulls me behind him. "Is that the guy who has been stalking you?" He roars and I nod against his back.

"Henry get her out of here... I don't want her to see what I'm going to do to him." Darius says in a deep growly voice.

"I felt the babies kick," I say to distract him so we can leave.

He turns to me, "are you trying to protect him?"

"Hell no let him burn, I just want to check on the others but I don't want to leave you here with all this hate." I say taking his hand.

His anger lifts and he nods. Turning to the others he says, "you can do what you want with him I'm taking Via to see the others."

"We got this," the guys say and Darius shifts and I get on his back. As we lift off I hear that jerk's screams but I don't feel a thing for him.

Darius flys slowly, now that the danger has passed I guess he feels better. As we land Ray comes over to us and hugs me as soon as my feet hit the ground.

"Thank the Goddess you're ok," she sobs. She leans back to look at me, her tears give way to anger. "If they don't kill that Son of a Bitch I will!"

"Dont worry he's gone," Darius says rubbing his neck tiredly.

"How are the girls? Mel did you guys find him?" I ask and she hugs me.

"Mels going to be ok, he's going to have to be in the hospital for a bit to clear the poison in his system.
Tori just got out of surgery to remove the bullet in her chest. It was touch and go for a bit they said but shes doing fine.
Janice is alright just some minor cuts and bruises, the worst is a cut on her head but she's fine sitting with Mel. Maggie is going to be in the hospital for a while under observation they are worried about her heart. But I don't think they have to worry, shes been flirting with the doctor non stop." Ray says and I start laughing.