Chapter twenty seven

"I should have known!" I say smiling when Maggie and Janice move in the next day with the help of Henry and his brothers.

"Wow this place is huge! Thankyou for inviting us!" Maggie says hugging me.

"How are you doing?" Janice asks.

"I'm good as long as I don't worry about my emails, Darius told you guys right?" I ask nervously.

"Yes he filled us in and begged us to keep you company so you're not alone," Janice says hugging me.

"Maggie would you prefer a room upstairs or here on the first floor?" Darius asks bringing in her suitcases.

"Well since I can't have the room right next to yours," she says winking, "I'll take one down here."

D starts laughing and goes down the hall to one of the guest rooms.

"Omg mom," Janice groans.

I just crack up laughing, "you do know we sound proofed our bedroom so you won't hear us?"

"Damn oh well I can pretend to hear," she says just as Henry and his brothers come in.

Omg the looks on their faces PRICELESS! I laughed so hard I had to shuffle to the bathroom thank God I had a pad on. (I may have put it on because I peed my pants from laughing at D earlier).

When I come back Janice is in the arms of Henry's cousin Malik. He had just came to report to D about whatever the boarder patrols that have extended to cover our lands found, if anything.

"What's going on?" I ask already with an idea.

"This is my mate, Dare why is she moving in with you?" Malik asks.

"Hey Mel this is Maggie's daughter, I asked them to stay with my pregnant mate because I don't want her to be by herself," D says pointedly.

"Umm, please don't be mad," Janice says nervously.

"I'm not mad love just curious," Mel says to her hugging her to his side.

"My daughter has been mistreated before so you will have to be patient with her, and know if you ever hurt my baby I will change you into a girl," Maggie says in her momma bear voice.

"I will never hurt you," he whispers to Janice and to Maggie, "if I ever see that person I'll break every bone in their body for harming my mate."

"Good I wouldn't mind taking a crack at him myself," Maggie says with a gleam in her eye.

"Its an honor to meet you I think we'll be good friends," Mel says and I giggle.

Through there exchange Mel hasn't let go of Janice once and has been absent mindedly rubbing her back in a calming way. She has never looked so content before.

"Would you like to live with me love?" Mel asks Janice and Maggie intervenes on her behalf.

"I think she would like you to date her first, I know my daughter this is moving too quickly for her. I can wait for my grand pups if I must." Maggie says and Janice's face flames.

Mel's face cracks into a huge smile while the rest of us chuckle. "I like you, we are definitely friends and family now," Mel says and Janice hides her face into his chest but she's laughing.

"When she's ready how soon can I get my grand pups?" Maggie asks wiggling her eyebrows.

"MOM!" Janice's muffled shout is drowned out by our laughter.

"As soon as she will let me give her them," Mel looks at Janice and she looks at him with lusty eyes, a look I've never seen.

"Dont worry Mags you will be buried in grandbabies soon enough," I say hugging her.

"Yay!!" She says doing a wiggle dance.

"Y'all weren't kidding she's a hoot," Henry says and we laugh some more.

The Henry and his brothers get back to work, while Mel updates D that all is clear still. I head to the kitchen and make us some food. Nothing too fancy just some salad, and ravioli, I've been really wanting ravioli.

As soon as the foods ready I call everyone over, "hey guys foods done."

"Baby I dont want you near the stove what if you burned yourself," D scolds me and I glare at him, my look startles him.

My silence for the rest of the day has him apologizing to me for scolding me infront of everyone, not for doing it to begin with.

That was the first time I went to sleep since we've mated without saying that I love him, and I hated it.

I had a hard time falling asleep that night but atleast I wasn't tossing and turning, only because D held me close. I may not have said our goodnight like I normally do but I would never want to be without him.

I'm not sure when I fell asleep but in my dream, or atleast I'm hoping it's a dream because I'm floating in the sky! I look around and notice I'm not in my pjs but a flowy dark blue dress and my hair is floating around me.

The moon is full tonight and the clouds are spread out like a thin blanket on the sky. I'm turning around, how I'm doing it I don't know but when I complete my circle I see I'm not alone.

A beautiful woman with midnight blue hair and piercing cerulean eyes that seem to glow while seeing everything around her. She too is in a flowing dress with her hair haloed around her. Unlike my pale complexion she has sunkissed skin and is model beautiful.

I haven't felt insecure about my looks, especially after meeting Darius but she makes me feel like a sad potato. Realizing that I've just been staring at her this whole time I speak up.

"Who are you and why are we floating?"

She smiles at me, instead of answering either of my questions she says, "I like the fire in you. It burns strong with a gentle warmth. Quite fit for the bearer of the blue flames.
He is to be king of all dragons someday. He will need you at his side, it will keep him strong. Without you to love him and to in turn recieve his love his flames could end up going out of control.
If that happens he would burn everything in his path till he is destroyed by others or his flames end his life of their own accord.
Neither is an option We are willing to allow."

"Who is we? Also who are you?" I ask her again hopeing to get an answer this time.

"I am Syria Goddess of the Azure flame and I'm speaking of myself, the Moon Goddess, and Amora Goddess of matching mates." Her voice is so upbeat, "I've called you here to tell you the enemy is not invulnerable. Remember you as the mate of the bearer of the blue flames are no longer affected by the heat in a negative way.
There will come a time when this information will save you, DO NOT FORGET IT!
Also remind your mate so he stops freaking out so much, you still have quite a ways to go," she giggles.

I laugh with her because she's right he always flips out about the littlest things, now. As if reading my mind she says the most amazing and scariest thing.

"Yes well dragons are very protective and given that you are carrying his young he is bound to be that much more protective over you. There is no need to worry though you and your young are doing great."
She smiles,"rejoice twins are exceedingly rare for dragons to have."

My mouth drops open and my hands fly to my belly... I'm carrying twins!