Chapter 4

Della's pov
I happily hummed a tune as I got ready for the school's Halloween party.I'm not even gonna question Daniel's costume,since mr.Miyagi helped him out with it.my costume seemed fairly simple and also a little bit weird.how do I put this?basically I was David Bowie for Halloween.I know,I know,it seems a bit weird.and believe me,Daniel laughed when he watched Ma do my hair.but in my defense,his costume is weirder.

but in my defense,his costume is weirder

(Della's costume)

Once I was ready we said by to Ma and left our apartment building.I held onto Daniel as he rode us to school on his bike,when we arrived at school we got off his bike.this time I parked it in the bike rack area,"ready for some fun?"he said with a grin."somehow I don't see being fun."I joked,he laughed.I laughed as well,"come on Ziggy stardust,let's boogie."he said.I jokingly rolled his eyes and followed him inside,we made our way to the gymnasium.everyone was getting ready and chatting with their friends,Daniel noticed Ali but I widened my eyes when I saw Johnny.I gulped,"Daniel,can you not cause any trouble today?"i whisper begged.he noticed Johnny,"I feel like that's gonna be impossible."he mumbled.

"Daniel please."I begged,he looked at me."I don't want to see you get hurt again."i said,his eyes soften."hey,hey,don't worry about me ok?it's my job to worry about you."he said,putting his hands on my shoulders.I hugged him tightly,"hey be careful there Del,I don't want your makeup ruining my Jersey."he joked as he hugged me back.I pulled away from him and jokingly punched him in the arm,he laughed.The party wasn't too bad...that is until I lost Daniel."Daniel?Daniel come on this isn't funny,I wanna go home."I called out as I searched for him,as I continued to search for him I saw him running out of the bathrooms."Daniel wh-"he cut me off by grabbing my wrist,"no time to chat Del we gotta move!"he exclaimed as I began to run with him.

"What did you do?!"I tried to ask,but he didn't response.I turned my head,only to widen my eyes.Johnny and his karate gang were chasing us,and Johnny looked soaked.i angrily looked back at Daniel,I wanted to say something but I knew that there was no time to scold him.we quickly got back to the bike,"Della go,I'll meet you back home."he said."WHAT?!"I screamed,"just go!I'll hold them off."he yelled."Daniel I'm not leaving you!"I yelled,he grabbed me and sat me onto the bike."Go!Go!"he yelled,i tearfully began to bike away.Daniel began to run behind me,"GO DELLA GO!"he yelled.

we both heard motorcycle noises,"DANIEL HOP ON!"I yelled as I slowed down a bit.Daniel managed to hop onto the bike,I tried to bike as fast as I could.then,we swerved.I don't remember much,I do remember tumbling down the hill with Daniel.the bike's front wheel hit me on the head and almost knocked me out,when we realized we were near home Daniel helped me up as we managed to limp towards the fence.I was able to get over it with the help of Daniel,but then cobra Kai surrounded him.