Seattle

Today I was heading up to Seattle for my tests. If a passed these tests I would be able to start my final courses and be able to take my rookie test in about six months. When those tests come I'll have to go to Burien and Forks Police Department has to sponsor me. That means when I pass the test I will become automatically become an officer of the department, there was only three other officer in the department and I would be proud to fill the fourth slot for the department. Dad said the day I got back from that test he would have the papers at the house for putting me on the pay roll. He had never said anything but I knew this had been a dream of his, to have his son become an officer and come through the ranks like he had.

I had my things in the back seat and was waiting for Harry to arrive with Leah. I would have gone down to get her but Harry and Sue said it was dumb to drive done La Push just to come back up and through Forks, so we agreed that they would bring her up, though I didn't see how that was any better. I didn't tell them that I was stopping at the diner for breakfast, but I had told Leah not to eat before she left and not to protest. I was only waiting about five minutes before they pulled in. Leah jumped out and walked over to the truck; Harry got out and started walking toward us.

"I don't see how this is any different than me coming and getting her from the res." I said as I put her things in the back with mine.

"Because I'm collecting Charlie and we are heading out to a new fishing spot. Billy had a doctor's appointment so he's not coming and I don't need to give him a ride." Harry explained and dad came out of the house hauling his fishing gear. I nodded and helped them pack everything into Harry's truck. I helped Leah into my truck as our dads pulled out of the driveway. I hopped into the truck and drove us up to the diner.

"This is why you told me not to eat at home." Leah said as she jumped out of the truck. I just nodded and held the door for her and walking to the bar. Aggie looked shocked to see me walk in with someone other than dad. She smiled and got out her notepad before coming right over.

"You finally did it?" Aggie said excited. I shook my head and her smile dropped a little.

"No. We're just heading up to Seattle for some tests that the academy has me taking before I can take anymore classes." I said and she nodded her head before looking to Leah and smiling.

"What can I get you sweetheart?" Aggie asked.

"Can I get a glass of orange juice?" Leah asked as she looked over the menu.

"Sure thing, and what would you like to eat?" Aggie replied as she scribbled it down on the notepad.

"Eggs well done, hash browns and toast please." Leah said before handing the menu to Aggie. Aggie took the menu before turning to me.

"Same as always, Eli?" Aggie asked.

"Yes, ma'am." I said as I nodded my head. She hurried to put the order in. I took a look out of the room, I was in earlier than I usually was and not even the old guys that sat in the corner booth were here yet. This eliminated the problem of the rumor mill as long as Aggie didn't say anything.

"The waitress knows your order? How often do you come in?" Leah asked as she looked at me weird.

"I come in for breakfast a couple times a week." I said with a shrug and Leah shook her head at me.

"So what's your usual?" She asked as she straightened up in her seat.

"Surprise." I said and Leah looked confused.

"I tell Aggie to order me anything, hints the surprise." I explained and Leah nodded in understanding.

"You know if it was any other guy my dad would have locked me in my room and forbidden I go?" Leah laughed as she looked at me. I smiled and nodded my head.