Bomb

It had only been a week since the fight with the newborns and everyone was slowly settling into the peace. We all kept edge, not fully relaxing, expecting trouble to be right area the corner like it had been for the last ten months. Everything had been quiet; the police in Seattle were confounded by the sudden stop in the death toll of their supposed serial killer. It was speculated that the killer had moved on somewhere else while those of us in the truth knew the truth.

I was finally enjoying a day home with Leah and Alex without interruption when the phone rang. I groaned and hit my head on the back of the couch as I tried to ignore the phone. Leah raised an eyebrow as she started to move to get the phone. I reached forward and tried to pull her back to the couch trying to keep her from answering the phone and letting it end our peaceful, relaxing day. But she pulled free of my arms and picked up the phone.

"Hello?" She answered. I couldn't hear the voice on the other end, but I could guess by the look Leah gave me.

"Sure thing, Charlie. Here he is." Leah said before handing me the phone. I sighed and took the phone from Leah. She sat back down at my side and re-focused on Alex who was laying on the floor with some toys.

"Hey dad, what can I do for you?" I asked.

"Your sister got engaged." Dad stated bluntly.

"What!" I shouted and startled Leah and Alex causing Alex to cry and Leah to glare at me while I looked at her sheepishly as she picked him up and tried to sooth him.

"What do you mean she got engaged?" I asked and Leah looked at me shocked.

"She and that boy were waiting for me when I got home from the station. She says she's not pregnant again and I believe her." Dad said. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"So what'd you do?" I asked. He couldn't have taken this news as easily as he seemed to be.

"I told her that she had to be the one to tell Renee." Dad said and I finally got it. I started laughing along with him. Since dad and Renee's marriage had fallen apart after they had married so young she had all but sworn off marriage at a young age. She believes that being married at such an age would only end in disaster and would never work out. Renee would bend her ear about her decision and more than likely try to talk her out of it.

"That ought to be an interesting conversation." I said and dad chuckled on the other end. .

"Yeah. If her and that boy go through with the wedding after telling Renee... They have my blessing" Dad said and I laughed though I couldn't agree with him. If Renee and dad refused their blessing Isabella and the Cullens would just disappear. There is nothing anyone could do to derail this engagement unless Isabella or the Cullen came to realize that it wasn't what they wanted and called it of or someone could talk Isabella was talked out of it. I finished talking with dad hung up. Leah walked back in the room having settled Alex down for a nap during our conversation. She came back to the couch and I opened my arms for her to snuggle up to me.

"Are you going to talk to your sister?" Leah asked quietly. I shifted and looked down at her.

"About what?" I asked and she looked up at me like I was an idiot.

"About her being engaged to that bloodsucker. You're not going to try to talk her out of it?" Leah demanded. I snorted.

"Like she would listen to me? I may not approve of who she's marrying, but I'm only her brother. It's not up to a sibling to approve who their sister or brother love or who they decide to marry. I tried to keep her from him in the beginning and that got us nowhere. She had decided that she's not going to live without him and I'm not going to talk her into or out of a decision she has to make on her own. Whatever decision she makes, she'll be the one that has live with it." I said and Leah stared up at me for a few moments before slowly nodding her head in understanding.