Visit

The reports at the station were piling up. More reports were coming in from towns around Washington, but were focusing mainly on Seattle. CNN had even brought in a reporter to cover a story about the missing and dead in Seattle. All the police in the state and the states surrounding were teaming with missing files and posters. Mr. and Mrs. Biers had come into the station at least once a week. They were sure that their son Riley's disappearance connected to the disappearances and deaths around the state, they were desperate for answers and dad didn't know what else to do. He had helped them plaster most of Washington in missing person flyers as well as distributing his picture to police departments as far as California.

I was finishing up the weeks paperwork when I saw the silver Volvo pull into the station parking lot. Dad had started a weekly dinner at the diner with Isabella without the boyfriend or Alice. He was dropping her off while dad packed up in his office. I said good night to Dan and started for the door. I called bye to dad before heading out to my truck. I went out the side door to prevent being in a situation with my sister and her keeper.

Isabella has been passing notes through dad and Billy to Jake. She wanted to remain friends despite her attachment to Edward. Jake wanted to be friends too, but he was finally realizing that it would be impossible if he was the only one willing to hold up to his promises. Edward had been preventing Isabella from going down to the La Push to make amends and Sam had been keeping Jacob busy in La Push. She hadn't realized that amends was impossible; Jacob would forever be hurt by her betrayal of his faith, for running off after he begged her not to, for turning her back on his friendship as well as her own family.

Jacob had come by the house the other day and watched basketball game with me after dropping his father off at dad's. He couldn't stand to be in the same house with my sister when he knew she was wishing he was Edward. Alex had taken to Jake; he giggled as Jake made funny faces and grabbed his nose. Jake was amazed at how fast he had grown and how much he looked like Isabella. His eyes were changing to the chocolate brown that he would share with his mother and grandfather, the newborn blue was slowly receding. With Jake and Alex I could see what a great father Jake would be in the future, if Isabella didn't succeed with taking him down with her.

I hurried out to my truck and climbed in throwing my clothes and bag into the passenger seat. I saw dad come out the front door and start talking with Isabella and the boyfriend and decided it was safe to leave. I put the truck in drive and start for the exit. I waved and honked as I passed before pulling out of the parking lot and heading home. I knew it was rude to avoid my sister, but I wanted no part of her or her vampire boyfriend. I refused to be in middle from the beginning and that wasn't going to change now.

Dad told me that Edward had told him about a set of airline tickets the doctor and his wife had bought Isabella for her birthday that she could use to visit Renee. Dad said that Edward had suggested this weekend would be good to go visit Renee while Isabella had insisted that she wouldn't go without Edward. Dad had okayed the plans and they had left Friday after school. I had my suspicions about this visit to Florida that the pack shared in. It was odd that Cullen was suddenly rushing my sister off to Florida, one of the last places I would expect a vampire to take his girlfriend for vacation. Some of the pack thought that this was a cover story and that Cullen was taking her away to change her. My suspicion is that something was coming and Cullen was getting Isabella out of dodge. I shared my suspicion with Sam and he had said that he had similar thoughts. The pack was patrolling more alertly now and there were always three wolves on patrol.

Sunday Leah and I were finally enjoying some alone time when a single wolf howl rang through the air. All activities immediately stopped and the moment was lost. Leah kissed me hard before rushing out the door and into the trees. I watched out the window into the trees for a while fearing that my suspicions had been founded. I worried about Leah. I stayed in the window till the phone rang and I was forced to answer it.