Good-bye

Since Jake ran off everything had been moving faster and faster toward Isabella's wedding. The wedding had almost over shadowed my twentieth birthday for my father and I wasn't even surprised when nothing came from my sister, but Leah had made my birthday a night to remember. The pixie had tried to get me sized for a tux with dad, but had gotten nowhere when I started hanging upon her phone calls. I didn't think Isabella even had my phone number, the pixie probably went through dad's phone to find it.

Today was the wedding and I was struggling with my tie like I always do. I looked up in the mirror to see Leah leaning against the doorway watching. I knew she wasn't happy that I was going and was willingly putting myself in a house full of leeches, but she at least understood why I had to. She gave me a small smile in the mirror before walking up to me and helping with my tie. When she was done she patted my chest and looked up at me with pleading eyes.

"I really don't like you putting yourself at risk like this." She whispered before setting her head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around her waist and set my head on top of her's.

"I know you don't, but what excuse could I tell my father?" I asked and she sighed, tightening her arms around me.

"Hey. Your brother will be there and Sam and a couple of the others will be within ear shot. I'll be fine." I said and pulled her chin up lightly so I could look her in the eyes. She nodded with a sad smile and patted my cheek.

"Alright. Well better be going, you don't want to late. Renee would never let you forget it." Leah said and I gave her a smile before giving her a kiss and making my way out and to the Cullen house. I parked next to dad's cruiser and went inside. Inside was decorated from the floor to the ceiling. There were flowers all over the place making the place smell sweet. There was a long aisle leading from the stairway to a white arch in the center of the room that was cover in the flowers. White chairs lined the aisle with light purple sashes tied to the backs.

"Your father and sister are upstairs." One of the Cullens said. I hadn't heard him approach me and jumped when he spoke. I spun around to see the buff brother with dark hair. The one that was paired with the blonde female.

"Thanks." I muttered and walked up the stairs. I could hear the voices as I made it to the top. Renee would be here soon and I wasn't looking forward to being forced into her company. I hoped she would just ignore me like she did when I was younger.

"Elijah?" I turned back toward the stairs and saw the blonde that was paired with the dark-haired giant.

"Yes?" I asked. She gave me a small smile before walking a little closer.

"I'm Rosalie. I know you don't trust us and I'm surprised you're here, but did you bring your nephew?" She asked. I was ready to snap at her like I had snapped at the pixie, but there was something about her that stopped me. There was a pain in her eyes that almost reminded me of the look Leah had after Sam had left her.

"No. I didn't think it would be wise. Isabella refuses to accept him as her son and wouldn't want him here. Secondly if my mother gets a hold of him only trouble will break out and we wouldn't want to ruin dear Isabella's wedding." I said. The pain seemed to increase in her eyes as well as a rage as she glanced at a door down the hall from us. She nodded.

"Rosalie could I ask you something?" I asked she looked at me with a smirk.

"You already did, but you could ask me something else." She said and I smirked at her.

"Why was I invited?" I asked. Rosalie looked surprised at the question.

"You're her brother. Why wouldn't you be invited to her wedding?" She asked and I shook my head. Isabella had these leeches fooled. I couldn't believe it.