Interrogation

When I pulled up to drop Leah off, Seth had come running out and all but dragged me inside. He said that Sue wanted me to stay for dinner and I figured there was no arguing with Sue and walked inside under my own power behind the overly excited teen. Harry and I made plans for one last fishing trip before it got too cold and the water was too dangerous, Seth talked me into coming over to the school basketball game Thursday night. Sue, Harry and Leah all looked on highly amused as the kid begged and pleaded with me to come and laughed as I caved under the pressure of the kid's damn puppy eyes.

When I finally made it home from Leah's it was almost nine. As I parked the truck I saw as Paul and Jared came out of the trees. I sighed and hit my head against the steering wheel before I climbed out of the truck. I waited as they came closer before I slowly started to walk to the house. I left the door open as an invitation and started a pot of coffee. I had a feeling that Paul and Jared weren't going to leave till they got the information they wanted out of me and I at least wanted to be awake for the interrogation.

"Alright, let the questioning begin." I said as I sat down at the table and Jared sat on the other side. Paul leaned up against the doorway, crossing his arms across his chest.

"What's going on with you and Leah?" Jared asked as he folded his hands in front on him.

"What do you think's going on between Leah and I? You know we've been close friends for almost our whole lives." I said and shrugged my shoulders as I leaned back against my chair.

"Damn it, Eli! We know about all that! We were there through all that and the drama of you loving her while she never saw you in that light and as she dated Sam. We know! Now, answer the damn question." Paul said as he moved from the door way to the side of the table to lean over me like he was going to intimidate me. I smirked up at him.

"Oh, good cop, bad cop. Whose idea was this? I guess Jared." I said and leaned to the left to look at Jared on the other side of the table.

"Yes. Now answer the question." Jared said as he looked away from me. I shook my head and got comfy in my chair. Then thought they were going to be able to use a police interrogation technic on a cop and have it work, they forgot how well I knew them and that I knew what they could do.

"Well gentlemen. Leah and I are close friends. What's wrong with that and wanting a little privacy in this little town?" I asked and they looked at each other.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting privacy. We like ours and obviously we're good at keeping secrets, look at what we're all hiding." Jared said and I sighed.

"Dude we can smell the sex coming down from your bedroom, spill." Paul said. That's Paul; you can always expect him to be blunt with you. I grimace at that, I had totally forgotten about their keen noses. I sighed and look between the two guys.

"Alright Leah and I have been dating and we want to keep it on the down low and keep the nosy town people out of our damn business and not spread rumors." I said and the two grinned at me smug that they had gotten me to admit it though they already knew.

"So how long have the two of you been dating?" Jared asked. I sighed and took a long drink of my coffee.

"Sense the end of August." I said and they both balked at me.

"You two have been dating for the last three months and somehow kept it away from us for that long!" Paul asked and I nodded.

"Still wouldn't know if it weren't for your damn super hearing." I mumbled and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Wow." Jared said with a look of disbelief written all over his face.

"So how long have the two of you been hitting the sack?" Paul asked with a smirk as he leaned against the wall. A faint blush covered my cheeks causing the two of them to smirk and lean a little closer.