Explosion

I was startled awake by the starting of the beast outside. Why didn't Jake and I think of a way to quiet the damn things roar? The only plus to it was that it was damn near indestructible and Jake got the chance to build himself and new car. After out talk on the beach, Leah and I came to the house and after spending time with Bella, dad, Billy and Jake, Leah agreed with me and we made an excuse to leave. We ended up having to take Billy and Jake home too, but that was okay. Harry and Sue had been amazed that Leah was talking and laughing with us as Sue made dinner. Sue hugged me before I left and Harry patted me on the back and thanked me.

I rolled over and looked at the clock. The bright green number shined into my eyes as I squinted as my eyes adjusted. The digits said it was quarter to seven. I forgot how early Forks High started, damn them. I'm glad that I had gotten the jump on the house. I can't take before seven wake-up calls every day for the next year and a half. I rolled over and tried go back to sleep. I laid there for about fifteen minutes before my cell phone went off on my night stand. I groaned as I got up and reached for it.

"What is with the early wake-up calls this morning?" I grumbled into the phone.

"Good morning to you too sunshine." Jared chirped into the phone. Damn him and his need to be an early bird.

"What do you need Jared?" I asked as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and started to look for clothes.

"Man I really must have just woken you up. You not remember the reason I told you I would call?" Jared asked and I searched my mind for a second before remembering the house.

"The house. What did your boss say?" I asked.

"He said that we can come take a look at the house today and give you an estimate of how much it would cost for the materials and us to help." Jared said and I nodded along as I pulled on an old pair of jeans and grabbed an old shirt before heading down stairs.

"What time does your boss want to meet at the house?" I asked.

"How does ten thirty sound to you?" Jared asked and I looked at the clock, it read that it was only ten after seven.

"Sounds fine to me. Gives me time to go down to the diner. See you then." I said and Jared and I hung up. I finished getting ready and grabbed my keys. After breakfast at the diner I would have to go to the hardware store. The kitchen and bedroom weren't in bad shape and I planned on paint them today.

"You're late today Eli." Aggie said as I walked through the door.

"My apologizes ma'am. I was on the phone with the people that are gonna help me fix up my house." I said and took a seat at the bar. Aggie set a mug in front of me before filling it with coffee.

"That's great, Hun." Aggie said and took out her notepad.

"What do you what today?" She asked and held her pen at the ready.

"Surprise me." I said and leaned forward. She smirked and walked into the back to the kitchen. Aggie came back out and leaned against the counter.

"So how was your first night with your new occupant?" Aggie asked with a small smile.

"Alright. I was in La Push most of the day. I came home midafternoon, said high and spent the rest of the day at the Clearwaters' and came home late after she went to bed." I said and hid my smile with my coffee cup. Aggie smacked my shoulder.

"That's rude! She's your baby sister not a shark!" Aggie said and gave me a stern look. I acted sheepish.

"Yes ma'am. Whatever you say ma'am." I said and leaned back so she couldn't hit me again.