Jake

My tests in Burien went fine and my sergeant praised me for making up the work I missed when I was in the hospital so quickly. He asked what my doctors had said and I told him everything and that I was told to push it off until at least November. He told me to just give him a call when the docs cleared me and he would get everything set up from the there. He told me I was one of his best trainees and he would have to have me visit the academy to give the new trainees someone to look up to for having determination to get on the job and get the work done. I told him that as long as it wasn't for another eight months that I would be more than willing to do it.

Leah gave me a call as promised on the second day of my trip. She said she had gone to the house and found nobody home. She said she found a note on the fridge from Isabella to Charlie that she was heading down to La Push. That had been a shock because Isabella hadn't much time in La Push since her arrival here and inquired about it when I got back. She said she had wanted some fresh air and went to the beach. She said she had run into Jacob and they had begun to hang out. This gave me some concern seeing as Jacob was destined to phase.

It wasn't long after Isabella began hanging out with Jacob that Embry Call phased for the first time. I had gotten the call from Sam and noticed how surprised he sounded about this addition to the pack. He said they had been chasing a leech lately and that he had a trigger the beginning of the phase. Now with Embry a member of the pack it led to questions about his paternity. They said with his mother being Makah that it narrowed down who his father would be because he had to have a strong tie to the last pack. The only people that could be his father would be only of Sue's brother's, Joshua Uley, Quil IV, Billy, and Harry. Everyone was hoping it was someone with the last name Uley.

I was at the house when Isabella came home pissed off about Embry. You could tell that she had been with Jake the way she was talking about Sam and the pack. Jake hated how no one would tell him why they were so important to the tribe and why the council thought so highly of Sam. She came through the door shooting off about a gang that was corrupting the youth on the res. The thought that Sam Uley was a gangster was hilarious and she glared at me as I started laughing on the couch.

"What is so funny about a gang in La Push?" Isabella asked as she tried to shoot lasers from her eyes.

"The fact that you think Sam is a gangster is funny. He might be an asshole but he is no gangster. He runs a security and construction team in La Push. Maybe he just hired Embry for work." I said and turned my attention back to the TV.

"Then how come all the people that join his crew get sick with a fever, have a spike in temper, and shoot up with muscles?" Isabella asked and put her hands on her hips as she raised an eyebrow.

"How you noticed the age of the people that join the crew? They all hit a growth spurt, must teenage boys do around that age. I shot up from five foot eight to six foot two when I was sixteen. I don't over think it. Jake's been shooting up too, it's completely normal." I said with a shrug.

"Then why have Sam and his crew been watching Jacob?" Isabella asked.

"How the hell am I supposed to know? Maybe Billy asked them to keep an eye on him." I said. Isabella huffed and went upstairs.

"Is there something really going on in La Push, Eli?" Dad asked as he turned to look at me.

"There isn't a gang in La Push. If there was they authorities and the council would have taken care of it. Other than what he did to Leah, Sam is an okay guy." I said and we dropped the subject.

Today I was back at the house to take Isabella to another doctor's appointment. As usual the ride was quiet to the hospital. Today was a regular checkup and it should only take fifteen minutes, tops. Isabella has made a habit of dragging me to her doctor appointments. I didn't complain because it was cool getting to see the development for the little person that would be my nephew and to know that I have been here since the beginning. The longer part of doctor's appointments is sitting in the waiting room but before long we were back out and pulling out of the parking lot.