The Clique

When I walk into the class, I get the same looks as those from the last one, and the one before that. But once Jaden walks in holding my books all eyes flash between us.

"Where's your teacher?" He points to this lady sitting on a student's desk having a conversation. From her curly red hair, to blue button down, to white skinnys, to black flats she looked like she could be a senior. But I walk up to her.

"Um, Mrs. Goodey," She turns to me.

"Hi, I'm-" I start.

"You're Stella Smock." She says in a bubbly tone with her hazel eyes shimmering.

"That's who I be." I say smiling.

"I'm the volleyball coach."

"Oh! Nice to finally meet you." I grin.

"The pleasure's all mine. I can't wait to see you live in action." I blush.

"When are tryouts again?"

"Friday after school."

It's Wednesday, so two days from now. I nod, and then turn towards the class looking for a seat. That's when I notice that my books are already on the desk of an empty seat next to Jaden. I smile and take my seat. Right away I see a familiar face sitting behind Jaden. I smile at him and he smiles back.

"You're Mateo."

"You know me?" 

"How can't I?" I ask flattering his ego.

"Teo, that's Stella." I wave.

"So you're the new girl." Mateo says.

"Oh, you've heard about me." I smile. 

"The whole school's been talking about you... I see why." I blush.

"Yo, did you know she's a MSFT?" Jaden asks.

Mateo looks at me and smiles. 

"Forreal?" He asks excited.

"Yessir." I say.

"Welcome to the clique."

Mateo says and I just smile.....