ORDEAL OF RIDICULE

── ♛ ──

── ──

── ♛ ──

──

NARRATOR'S POV ─

Her eyes stared at the beautiful flaxen sunflowers glowing in the bright sunlight. She moved her umbrella in an attempt to avoid the scorching sun. A honeybee had flown to the flower sucking the liquids off of it in order to produce what they wanted. Her environment was overflowing with the chirps of crickets, and murmur. Murmur of the maids who're standing far away yet gossiping about her. She heard it all, but she didn't care. The royal gardens were too lovely in the early morning but a torture when it's summer

Jasira blows out a sigh. She had talked to the king and today was the day the marquess should arrive. She didn't want that. She didn't want to keep quiet. But at the same time, she couldn't find a way. A way by which she could save herself.

She knew the duke, who was technically her cousin. He was a pretentious man, trying to impress all the nobles and her father. All his life even his parents were rooting for him to be the best. But she knew he isn't someone who fits for the throne. Ascending the throne isn't just a wish or a mere dream. It is a responsibility and honor to do. A whole kingdom rest on one's shoulders. If they have a family, that would be a bigger responsibility to take. Her cousin was going to get married too, with a noble lady of a kingdom besides. He was creating an alliance to have another kingdom and the noble families of Ivrea to have on his side, so when ascending the throne, he won't have any stone in his way.

But she wanted it.

No, she needed it.

She needed the throne.

It'll not only save her life but also give her the throne that she deserved, that she needed, which belonged to her from the moment she was born. It not only felt like giving herself away when it was the throne that her brother wanted but also giving something that belonged to her. Jasira didn't like giving her things away to anyone from when she was a child. She would fight for them.