~ Chapter 16 ~

Luisa's POV

It felt weird to sit in the car with Glen and Mark - Mark was driving. They were talking about something but I didn't listen. I kept watching the people outside the window. Well, I wasn't watching the people, I was just gazing into nowhere. I don't want them to argue. I hate people arguing. I still had the scene right before my eyes. Dan and Jones. Almost getting into an aggressive fight. Was it all about me? I mean, Dan was right when he said that he spend his free time with me so that I didn't get bored. But he keeps drinking. And NO! STOP THINKING LIKE THIS. A voice in my head screamed. They are brothers they live together in one house. Of course they have arguments. That's normal. It's not about you. Couldn't you see it in Dan's face? He's worrying about other stuff that Jones may not know about. "Lu?" Mark's voice pulled me back in the here and now. "Lu, are you ok?" he asked again. I looked at him, faked a smile and nodded. "Yes, I'm fine." But he saw that I was lying. "Don't tell me you're ok when you're not. Glen and I have been friends of Dan a long time. When he's lying to us about how he feels we know immediately. So, what's up?" I took a look out of the window and started to tell. "I feel like I'm the reason why they are arguing. Even if I know that I couldn't be my fault. I don't want them to fight. They are brothers and they shouldn't scream at each other like they did this morning. They are adults and they can solve their problems without shout their souls out."

I was surprised that they didn't interrupt me. But what did me surprise was Glen when we exited the car on a traffic light to sat next to me in the back row. "You're not their fault." he began to tell. "Jones is the youngest in the family and he struggled to get noticed and he still tries not get treated like he's still a child. He is 21 and has already accomplished things others would be dreaming of. Dan went also through hard times, I guess you know some of them. Both are more similar than they think but they won't admit it. That's their problem." "Yeah, they can't accept that they are not the only ones with 'past problems'. " Mark added with a short glance in the car's back mirror. "Didn't Jones tell you he wants to talk about it this evening?" Glen asked and I nodded. "Well, you'll see what's up with his life and I'm quite sure that Dan is gonna tell you too." "And now we stop talking about it." Mark said and turned the radio on.

After a couple of songs, we finally stopped next to Mark's house. Rina and the children came out an walked to the car. "Hey Honey." Mark said and kissed her gently. "Where are you off to?" "It's "Granny's weekend". Don't you remember?" She smiled back. "My mum can't wait to see her grandchildren and you know how lovely she take care." While they went in talking Mark's three cute kids ran to Glen who bend down to give them an hug. "Uncle Glen!" they screamed in choir and made him fall backwards. They are so cute. "I'll be back in about an hour. Bye." Rina gave Mark another kiss. He and Glen helped her to get the kids in the car. Before she got in, she smiled to me and I replied her smile.

Then we went inside. The living room wasn't as big as at the O'Donoghue's but it looked comfy. Especially the sofa. The lads went into the kitchen which had huge windows that show the big garden. A pool with a diving board. They told me to wait so I sat down on the sofa and browsed through my sketch book. I had to chuckle. I've got a lot of The Script art.

"Wait! Can you go one page back?" Glen and Mark stood behind me with a huge plate with sandwiches. "I didn't hear you come." I replied. Mark was laughing. "I know. But this is amazing. We've seen a lot of fanart in the past years but know I recognized myself." Glen nodded to show that he agreed. "Thank you." I tried to reply but I was speechless. They like my drawings! Ui...

Mark turned the TV on. First we watched the news but Mark and Glen couldn't wait to see the sport part. After it they discussed about some things I don't really understand. But then the TV regained my attention. The weather man warned the people who lives on the west coast of the danger of an upcoming thunderstorm for tomorrow. I'm not scared by the weather. I like it when the nature starts being... being nature. When big grey clouds push away the fluffy ones. When they start to let their large raindrops fall down and built little rivulets on the streets. When the thunder grumbles through the silence of the raindrops' fall. When the bolt shows the landscape by his short entity. And even the cleared air after it. The air in general after it was raining.