~ Chapter 23 ~

Danny's POV

The burst of a glass bottle made me sit straight in my bed. Immediately my head was pounding. I pressed my eyes together and hold my hands around my head to make the pain vanish.

But it didn't work.

I need anything to stop that throb.
I remembered that there was aspirin in the medicine locker. In the bathroom that's downstairs. I moved slowly to shelter my head from more pain. As I reached the edge of my bed, something cracked underneath my feet. I looked down and saw the shards of the whiskey bottle which fell down this morning and burst into million pieces. These pieces could be me...

The good thing was that the bottle has been empty as it fell down. But therefore my blood was mixed with alcohol. This could also be the reason why I couldn't walk straight out of my room. Or maybe someone just moved the frame of my door so that I hadn't any chance but to ran against it.

Pain was filling my shoulder. It was running down to my fingers and back. I struggled to go on.

Then I saw my next enemy. The stairs. I went slowly down to provide myself from falling. But it wasn't easy and it took me ages to reach the floor.

I shuffled to the door and was relieved as I finally found the little box with the sign "aspirin". Because the pounding was quite heavy, I shortly took three.

Luisa's POV

I followed Colton to the park.

"You're not from here, am I right?" he asked after a while.

"I'm from Germany but I visit a friend." Immediately I pushed the thought away. I'm not gonna ruin this day by thinking about bad things. "Are you from Dublin?" I asked him to distract myself from my thoughts.

"No, I'm from Phoenix, Arizona." he answered.

"I've been once in LA." I said. "And I want to go there again as soon as possible."

We walked through the park and we couldn't find a bench to sit down. That's why we decided to go to the little river. We placed ourselves in the grass and said nothing for a while.

"If you want to talk about what's going on, just talk." Colton said.

"No, it's ok." I replied. "There is just a lot happening in my life right now. But I can deal with it."

"You're sure?"

I nodded. "Yes, I know how to get over those things." Ok, I wasn't over it, over Jones. But I know how I can distract myself.

"And how?" he wanted to know.

"I draw or I play the piano." I smiled.

"Really? That's cool. When I have a sad time I write songs and jam on my guitar. Like the song I played earlier. You remember? When you went away."

I looked down. I don't care what the weather man says...

"I'm sorry. Well, ok. Do you remember the thunderstorm a few days ago?"

Colton nodded.

"The 'weather man in the TV' warned everyone to be careful. And my friend who I visit ha-"

My voice failed.

"H-had an accident."

Colton looked shocked. "The accident on the M50? Your friend was involved?!"

I nodded and before I could take my next breath Colton put his arms around me and pulled me tight.

"I'm so sorry. Is he ok?" I shook my head and I felt a tear start growing in my eye.