~ Chapter 18 ~

Luisa's POV

How can he think that making Jones more angry will help to get his smile back? I've never hear of that stupidness! He has to stop. I'm so proud that Jones didn't leave Dan al- It knocked on the door. "May- may I come it?" It was Dan who asked hesitantly. "Please." he begged. "I need to talk with you." I stood up from my bed and walked silenty to the door. "I know I overstated a lot. Please open the door. I want to talk to you and not to the door." he carried on pleading. I was really mad at Dan but somehow I felt sorry and after a deep breath I opened the door slowly. He stood in front of me and stared at the ground. Then he looked up into my eyes and he didn't look well. Did he cry?

"I'm really sorry." he said after a short time of silence. "I couldn't know how bad he already feels." He looked back on the ground. "Head up." I said. "You couldn't. But now your surprise have to blow him away." He grinned. "I know. Can you help me?" He made little puppy eyes - who can resist that? "Ok, I have to. Because I want both of you to be brothers again." "Me too." he whispered. "Me too."

Some minutes later we were on the motorway. "What's your idea?" I asked. "Well." Dan hesitated. "I thought of cooking him dinner. A five-star menu." The idea wasn't that bad. "What do you want to cook?" Dan was hestitating again. "Our dad showed us the dinner when he wa-" Dan broke up and took a deep breath. "When he was still here." I stopped breathing for a few seconds. The pain in his voice was hurting my heart. Dan noticed it. "It's ok. You can help me if you want." "Oh, that would be nice." I smiled back.

We drove to the shopping center, I already visited with Jones last week. Dan put his glasses on. "What?" he asked. "I don't want to be recognized." He started smiling. "I'm just kidding but the most fans know me without glasses, so it's easier for me to be 'undercover'."

We went through different stores and bought a lot of different food stuff I never knew that it exist. It was almost 1pm so we were looking for some food for us and somehow I've got the idea to make an eating competition. That's why we ended up at McDonald's. Both of us got a package of 20 Chicken McNuggets, a BigMac and a coke. We wanted to measure the time but I fogot my phone at the O'Donoghue's. So Dan had to put out his phone.

Ready.

Steady?

GO!

It took 8 minutes until I finished eating and Dan had three nuggets left. But to be honest, I've never eaten so much in such a short time. I felt full. "Howw twe hell did ya dwoo twat?" Dan spoke with a mouth full of nuggets and I had to laugh because he almost spread them over the table. We both laughed and suddenly I had a bad concsience. We're having fun while Jones feels really bad and helps Luke by packing his stuff together.

"What's up?" Dan asked. "Nothing." I lied and looked around. "But you look sad." "No, I'm fine." Dan looked at me skeptically, put his fingers under my chin and pushed it up. "No, you're not. I can see it in your eyes." he said carefully. "Jones and I will be ok. I promise." He took his hand off my chin and put a wisp of hair out of my face. "Don't worry." Dan looked at his clock. "When did he say he'll be back?" I shook my head and shrugged. "I don't know. But he said that he'll tell me." Dan nodded and ate the last nugget. We cleaned the table and went back to the car.

The way back home was silent. While Dan was concentrating on the traffic I observed the peope, the cars and the other stuff which we drove by. I let my mind fly around and I let my thoughts run free.

Everyone has problems. Some people have more, some have less. Some try to hide them, some want everyone to know about them. Some have never mentioned them, some try to forget. Try to get over them, to get back to before the problems have started. But they can't. When words are said, they are said. When things are done, they're done. Time is the reason we can't make things unhappen. "If I could turn back time I would rewrite those lines." That's what Dan sang one day. I turned my head around and looked at him. He didn't seem to be happy. He's regretting the fight this morning, I thought.