~ Chapter 28 ~

Luisa's POV

While we were walking to Jones' room, Dan had his arm around me. And therefore I was thankful. After my head hit the ground when I pushed Dan down, I still felt dizzy but I didn't want to show the others. They would take me back to the doctor's room. And I bloody hate doctors.

The nurse who guided us to the room went one floor higher than Dan did earlier. "It wasn't the second floor. It's the third. Dan you're sure your head works right?" Glen joked. But Dan gave him his cold shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry. Tried to make you laugh."

"Here is Jo's room. Next time please remember that you have to go up to the THIRD floor." Cindy said. "I'll leave you know. I've got a lot of work to do. Bye." "She's a nice one, Dan." Glen said. "Yes, she is." Dan answered and pushed down the handle.

He went in first but stopped. Immediately I was worried about what's up now. I walked next to Dan and saw the reason. "Who the hell are you?" Dan asked the young man next to Jo." I knew he wouldn't answer so I joined the one sided conversation. "Luke? You're here?" Luke looked at me. "Lu? What? Ehm.." he hesitated and his look fell on Dan and Glen.

"Who's Luke?" Glen asked to break the silence. "He's Jones' best friend. The one Jo visited the night before...you know." My voice went quiet. "Hi." Luke stammered. "I-I'm about t-to leave." He turned around and left the room. "I'll follow him." I said after Danny and Glen were confused.

"Luke! Luke, wait!" I shouted after him and he stopped. "What the hell was that?" "Come on." I waved to show him that he should follow me. "I'll tell you." We went downstairs to the waiting area. The old lady was still sitting there and mumbled something like "Young people are always ungrateful. Stupid blond girl!" and pulled a face. Blond? I'm not blond! Stupid old lady...

We sat down on the seats in the corner to make sure anybody will listen. But for a while, we said nothing and to be honest, I had no idea how to start.

The old lady looked at us seriously, her face was grimly and her eyes were just slits. I know it's mean but I stared at her and stretched out my tongue. Such a grumpy lady! "Lu stop it." Luke tried to hold back his laugh. "She won't stop staring at us." After another pause he continued. "Can you explain why... Why Danny and Glen were coming in Jo's room with you?" "Yes, I can but one other thing first, did you never thought that Jo and Dan could be brothers?" Luke silenced but shook his head. "Every time I visited him I looked for signs that he's his brother but I never found any. But I didn't even ask him." "Why not?" "I don't really know. I think he would have told me then but... There are so many people called O'Donoghue in Dublin. Did you think of his family name?" I smiled when I remembered. "No. When I came here, I had no idea what's his family name. For me, he was only Jones." "And how did you find it out?" Luke asked. "Well, it was Dan himself who stood behind me when I played the piano. But first I didn't recognized him. I was shocked that a strange man stood behind me in a house where I meant to be alone. But then I found out he's Dan." "And that's why you're here with them. Now I understand. But wow. It's amazing how Jones could hide it for me." "Do you remember Jo's costume party?" Luke nodded. "Dan, Mark and Glen have been there too." I smiled and he looked at me incredulous. "Really?" he laughed and I nodded. We kept talking about the party when Luke suddenly said. "He loves you." My heart skipped a beat and I looked into Luke's eyes. "That's why he wanted to drive back home that night. I've told him to wait until the storm is over but he didn't listen."

I wasn't sure what to answer. I thought that he loves me but to hear it from his best friend makes it all so weird. "Sorry when I sa-" "It's ok." I interrupted him and my voice went low. "I love him too." I couldn't say if it was one but I thought I saw a soft smile on Luke's face. I wanted to change the topic. "You know what, let's go up again and we repeat your first meeting with Dan and Glen, ok?" I said and Luke's view went around the room before his eyes met mine. Then his smile grew bigger. "For sure."