~ Chapter 1 ~

"Jones!" I was angry. "Is this your 'small' apartment you've been talking of?!"

It was a rainy Saturday afternoon when Jones and I arrived at his home after he picked me up at the airport. It was the first day of my summer vacation and I was really glad to be out of the plane. Not because I'm afraid of flying or heights but I hate young children screaming and running down the corridor of the plane.

"Well..." He hesitated. "My older brother and me, we share the house" Jones has a brother and they live together in this house?  We went out of his black little car and dragged my luggage to the house. The house wasn't even a house, it was more like a mansion. The way to the entrance was very neat with tiny spherical cut bushes and little lights on each side of the paved path. "So here we are." Jones said while he opened the front door.

The first thing I could see was the big beautifully framed mirror with little lights which went on when someone opens the door.

"Come on." He smiled at me "And please, stop starring." He waved to follow me with a friendly smile. So I followed him around the corner and I stopped breathing. In front of me was a spiral staircase made of glass und a few plants. But behind the stairs and the plants was this amazing living room with the open kitchen at the end of the room. On one wall was an incredible painting. On the left side of the painting, there was a big TV but at first I thought it was a painting too. In front of the big TV was a black -comfy looking- leather sofa and one of those beautiful standing lamps from IKEA.

Suddenly Jones' phone started to sing

I'm a Barbie girl in the Barbie world. Life in plastic it's fantastic"

"I think you should answer" I tried to speak but I was laughing hard. Well, we both were.

"You can brush my hair. Undress me everywhere."

"Be serious Jones, be serious!" He forced himself. "I hate when I'm losing bets! Especially against a girl!" He said with a glimpse at me. "Hello?" he answered and I was surprised that he really sounded serious.

While he was talking to his phone, I went to the big painting and it was incredible. Why do I not have a painting like this? It wasn't one of these natural paintings my art teacher loves so much, it was modern art with a little piece of cubism. I'm in love with paintings like these but in general I really love to draw. No matter where or when.

After a few minutes, Jones finally said "Goodbye".

"What's up?" I asked carefully because he looked pretty annoyed.

"My boss wants me to come to the office for an important meeting." His eyes went down. "Right now."

"Ehw, that's bad. You wanted to show me the house." I played being sad. "I just arrived and now you have to go. Why must the meeting be today? Why not tomorrow?"

"There'll be a few important people coming to our company and tomorrow they'll fly back to America. And when I'm lucky, they're able to offer me a better paid job. Damn it. I can't leave you alone nor can I skip this meeting." He looked so sad.

"So, when the meeting is so important for you than you have to go! I'll be ok. I promise!" I said friendly with a smile. "And after the meeting you can bring some food." I added while I was grinning. He had to laugh.

"Ok, I think we've got a deal. If you want you can discover the house on your own." He told me while he tried to put on his shoes and grasped for this notebook-bag. "I'll see you." He told before he closed the door and I was alone.

Yeah, I was alone in a luxurious mansion in Dublin. So, what should I do next? Even though if I would have preffered watching TV on this huge screen, I decided to discover the house at first. I started with the big mirror that I saw first. It was nice to take a look in such a beautiful mirror and seeing my 1.80m slim and tall body. I noticed the opened wardrobe and I grabbed a dark grey Fedora hat. Before I put on the hat, I took the scrunchie from my wrist to change my brown hair from open into a messy bun. Then I put on the hat and I observed myself in the mirror again. Omg, I love this hat. I decided to wear it while I did my house tour. As I wanted to go on, I saw that my grey eyes changed into an ocean blue because of the little LED-lights. Beautiful.