~ Chapter 25 ~

Danny's POV

I'm quite sure that Lu didn't believe me. Not even one word. But I already admitted that I'm crap in being an actor. I can't fake a smile the whole day long. Not even for a few hours. After she went upstairs I knew she has got me. I saw it in her face. But what does she know exactly? Maybe she's not thinking about that. Maybe she is still sad. But why am I not as sad as I should be? I'm the reason why Jo is lying in the hospital. Because I couldn't shut up. Because I wanted to make it more dramatic before I apologize.

It's too late to apologize, it's too late...

Like Jo used to say: "I've ruined it." Yes, I've ruined it in every single way. I brought my brother in the hospital. It was me. What would have been happened if I had stopped being rude earlier? Wouldn't he been there where he is right now?

I couldn't get the questions out of my head. It was almost 2am and I haven't slept yet. I forced myself to fall asleep. But do I really want to fall asleep? I mean, it would be easier to be in the world of dreams, wouldn't it? But dreams are not the answers to the questions I have. No one can ever answer me. I could start playing the "What if" game but that wouldn't bring me any more far from where I am now and no answers for the questions I deal with.

I am on a street. Standing in the middle of it. I know the place. I grew up here. I spend the half of my life in these streets. I start walking down the street. Back to the house. Back to my home. But I can't find it. I walk and walk but I can't find it. It doesn't even look like I moved any meter from where I've started. But why? I turn around to see my family. They are sitting in the park next to me. Making a picnic. "Hey, Mum, Andy!" I shout. "Dara, Ian, Vicky, I'm over here!" But as they don't turn around I feel like something just leaves my body and left a hole. I try to walk closer but when I do the first step, a loudly hooting lorry speed around the corner of the street. It s coming directly in my direction. But I am not able to move. My feet become one with the black street. "Mum! Help! Please!" I scream. "Please, anyone! Please help me!" I look at them but they haven't even look up. The lorry comes closer and just a second before it would have crashed into me, the time stopped.

"You need help?" Jones stands between the lorry and me. I start nodding. Unable to say a word I can see how he walks next to me and leaves a hole of air between the lorry and me. "Did you help me? No, you didn't." he whispers. "So tell me why I should help you." I have a lump in my throat. "Yo-you a-are m-my bro-brother." I stammer. "You're my brother too." he says in a cold tone. "And what about them?" He points to the rest of our family. "Don't they count too?! Try to remember why they don't help you now." What is Jones talking about? They are my family and my family is in the first place for me. It had never been different. "I-I don't kn-know." "You let them fall when they needed you." Jo's face doesn't show any emotion. "But I didn't. I always loved them!" I scream at Jo. "Are you sure?" His question make me breathless. "Yeah!" Tears grow in my eyes. "I would die for them! I would die the most painful death just to know that they are fine!" Jones starts thinking.

The more time passes by I get angrier. My heart races while tears run down my cheeks. "I swear Jo! I didn't want this to be happen! You can ask Lu, she'll tell you eve-" "The most painful death?" he interrupts me. "Lying in coma isn't possible to be compared with a painful death. Don't you think so?"

Why is he doing this to me? I know my behavior was more than crap. But this is hell. "Jones! I wish we could change our places and-" "You mean lying in coma isn't already enough?" I don't get what he means. "You want me to be hit by a lorry, too? That's not nice." "NO! You've got me wrong. I wish I could lay in coma for you."

A smug smile grows on his face. "You're sure?" "YES!" I shout at him. "I'd do everything!" "It's your decision." The moment of irritation about the meaning of his words goes when he walks backwards to the sidewalk. "Wait. What are you doing?" I can't believe it. "Jo! Answer me." But his smile grows more and more. "I'll see you." he says and disappears.