Chapter 9: Dragon Parade

(Aye, new chapter what???

Also, thank you guys for reading this story. It makes me feel like I can keep going with my writing career. I wouldn't say career but you know what I'm trying to say.)

Saitama and Marie we're seen making their way to the adventurers guild with the giant's head.

Saitama: "I wonder how much I will get for this"

Marie: "It would be at least 15 gold at best. Giants have terrorized the elves for hundreds of years and you just killed one of their strongest leaders."

Everyone they passed looked in shock at how easily Saitama was carrying the ridiculously huge head. Not even a single sign of fatigue. They were also shocked about the fairy princess floating beside him.

When the duo arrived at the guild, the old man that gave Saitama the quest ran over with shock in his eyes.

Old Man: "Y-You actually did it!"

Saitama looked at him blankly while Marie nodded her head. The man looked over at Marie with confusion.

Old Man: "You brought a fairy with you too? If you want, I could give you extra gold if you hand her over."

Saitama: "No thanks, dude. So, where's my pay?"

The old man let out a disappointed sigh and took out a bag of gold coins. He handed it to Saitama as he set the giant's head down onto the ground.

Saitama opened the bag and looked a little surprised.

Saitama: "Woah, this stuff is shiny"

Meanwhile, Marie was having a mental breakdown.

Marie: "S-S-So much gold...."

Saitama: "Huh? Marie, you good?"

Marie: "G-Gold..."

Saitama looked at the bag and then shrugged. He proceeded to walk down the streets to find a place to sleep at. Marie was able to shake off her shock to catch up to him.

Suddenly, the ground started to aggressively shake as if an earthquake was happening. Everyone started to look around in fear and confusion. Saitama was still walking as if nothing is happening.

The ground started to break apart inside the town as some people started to stumble.

Random Person: "The parade has started!?"

Saitama was very confused.

Saitama: "Parade? Marie, you know about this?"

Marie: "Not at all"

A shadow was cast over the kingdom. Everyone looked up to see a rather large dragon flying above them. A few seconds after, hundreds of smaller dragons were shown following close behind it.

Saitama: "Woah! That's kinda cool! They look pretty strong too!"

Marie looked at him in disbelief.

Marie: "A-Are you crazy!?"

One of the dragons decided to break away from the pack and fly down towards the town.

Random soldier: "Incoming!"

The dragon flew directly through a building which caused a huge explosion. More dragons decided to follow their comrade's example and fly down towards the town too.

Random Civilian: "Everyone run!"

People started to scream and run away as the dragons landed on the ground. A red dragon breathed a stream of fire at the adventurer guild. A bright blue shield formed around the guild and the fire was easily nullified.

A woman slowly walked out of the guild's front doors. She looked more like a witch than anything with the signature hat on her head. Her walk was confident as if she's been doing this for years.

The red dragon roared as she smirked. The dragon ran forward and attempted to crush her with its foot. The witch held her hands out as red energy shot out of her hands at the dragon's foot. The Foot of the dragon crumbled into the dust which caused the rest of their body to turn into dust.

The civilians were amazed.

Random Women: "That's the Genovia! The dusty witch!"

Random Man: "I never knew she was so hot!"

Random Women 2: "I never saw her in action!"

Marie was shocked.

Marie: whispers "T-That's Genovia!?"

Saitama glanced at Marie.

Saitama: "You know her?"

Marie: "Y-Yeah... She's my birth mother...."

Saitama: "Huh? Don't fairies give birth to fairies?"

Marie: "Yeah, but sometimes a witch could decide to give birth to a magical creature rather than a human."

Saitama: "Hmm..."

Suddenly, the adventurers guild blew up from the inside which caused the barrier around it to break into pieces. When the dust cleared, a skeleton dragon was shown in the middle. The dragon roared as everyone looked in fear.

On top of a building, a person with a cloak was watching this scene unfold. They smirked.

Cloaked Person: "Let's see how strong these adventurers really are"

____________________

Sorry about the short chapter but I'm kinda still on writers block.