Chapter 13: Signing Up

Saitama was seen sitting down in a small room while tugging on his red gloves. Marie was floating right next to him with an excited expression on her face.

Marie: "I'm so excited! I get to see you fight in a tournament!"

Saitama: "Yeah, I'm kinda pumped up too!"

Marie: "Say, why did you lie about being low on funds? You got a whole bag of gold from that giant"

Saitama's expression turned serious.

Saitama: "Having more money is never a bad thing"

Marie sweatdropped.

Marie: "Sure...."

A door opened and a woman with horns on her head walked in with a smile on her face.

Women: "Hello, my name is Manora, and I will be your assistant for this tournament. Please, follow me so you can sign up"

Saitama stood up and followed her while Marie floated behind him. Eventually, they made it to a large room with hundreds of people there. Saitama and Marie looked in amazement.

Marie: "There are so many people!"

Manora: "Every year, people gather here to sign up for the tournament. Each time, there is always a unique prize for the winner"

Saitama: "What's the prize this year?"

Manora: "They get to marry anyone they want, no matter who they are"

Marie: "Can't anyone technically do that already? Just get a lover and boom!"

Manora: "The thing is, they can marry anyone. It doesn't matter if that person doesn't want to marry or if they are royalty. They will be forced."

Marie: "So it's like an arranged marriage?"

Manora: "Yes, but worse"

Saitama: "I don't have anyone I want to marry though"

Manora: "Well, you don't have to marry someone. That's the most popular prize because it has been in such high demand. You can adopt any child, get loads of gold, make anyone your slave, kill someone without consequences, rape someone without consequences-"

Marie: "Basically, anything illegal?"

Manora: "Yep!"

Saitama: "I think I should win this..... I do need some gold"

Marie: "It would be better if you do....."

Manora: "Great! We're here!"

A woman was seen at the counter. She smiled.

Woman: "Hello! I see you are here to sign up?"

Manora; "That's right!"

Woman: "Tell me your name and choice of weapon"

Saitama: "The name is Saitama and I use my fists"

The women wrote that down on some paper. She nodded once she finished and smiled at them. She opened a drawer and took out a piece of paper with the number '976'.

Women: "This will be your number when we call you up to fight! Don't lose it!"

Saitama took it and nodded.

Manora: "Allow me to take you to your barracks, Saitama"

She walked off while Saitama and Marie followed her. Just when they left, Cinder walked in with Gwen behind her.

Cinder: "Mind telling me why you wanted me to sign up with you?"

Gwen: "Well, I hoped I could see how well you can fight!"