Chapter 31: Attack on Camelot

Hi, it's me Davey, here's another chapter. 

I know I said I am getting closer to the ending of this story but I don't think I can end it anytime soon considering how the plot is going. So, I'll hold off on those thoughts for now.

Anyways, enjoy

________________

*BOOM*

The gates of Camelot became a pile of rubble in seconds. Demons of all shapes of sizes ran through the dust cloud it created.

Jack: "Here we go!"

Jack's body was coated in blue and he charged. Nadia stayed in the back buffing the adventurers that looked like they needed it.

A demon with a large sword ran toward her and swung for her head. Luckily, she tripped on a rock which coincidently saved her life. She crawled backward as the demon recovered from its swing and aimed to slice her in half.

Before it could finish its swing, Querta appeared behind it and smashed her hammer into their head. Their head was squashed into large chunks of meat.

Querta: "Be careful next time! Don't be overwhelmed!"

Nadia scoffed.

Nadia: "I know what I'm doing..."

Querta: "Uh-huh. Don't die you hear?"

With that, she quickly joined back into the battles.

Nadia: "Hmph"

Standing up, Nadia quickly set her sights on an adventurer overwhelmed by 4 demons. She raised her hands and shot red energy at them. The adventurer glowed red and they were able to dispatch the demons with vigor easily.

Adventurer: "Thank you!"

Ignoring their comment, Nadia set her sights on Jack to see if he had any problems with the demons. Her intuition was wrong considering every swing of his sword killed or hurt a demon. She swept her gaze over the battlefield until she took notice of the child who are partners with Querta, Martha. Their wand glowed a bright green before giant rocks started to fall from the sky onto crowds of demons swarming the hole that used to be a gate.

The impact shook the ground and left large craters in front of the hole. Many adventurers cheered in happiness. That happiness disappeared when a giant plume of fire engulfed 75% of the battlefield. When it disappeared, most if not all adventurers were melted into ashes save for a select few.

Jack: "Jesus Christ..."

The field looked like a wasteland compared to what it was before the battle began. The houses behind the battlefield were scorched or burnt to nothing but ash.

???: "HAHAHAHA! IS THAT ALL YOU HAVE TO OFFER!?"

Looking up at the voice, everyone saw an obese demon flapping his wings in the air.

Jack: "Crap! That's a General!"

The General landed on the ground and laughed again.

General D: "How pathetic! To die to my weakest attack is a new level of weak!"

Querta: "Die!"

Querta charged and slammed her hammer onto his head.

The hammer shattered on impact.

Querta's eyes widened when the demon punched her in her gut. Blood splurted from her mouth as she was launched a good distance away.

Martha: "Querta!"