Chapter 32: Help Arrives!

What's good awesome people? Here's another chapter for yall cause you deserve it.

A short chapter is incoming! 

______________________________________________________________________

Cinder and the Demon Queen, named Lilith, stared at each other with their weapons in hand. In a flash, they clashed. A small shockwave was created as they both broke off and clashed again. Cinder kicked off Lilith's axe and quickly went for a stab at the demon's midsection. Lilith blocked it and threw a punch toward her. Cinder twisted her body; just barely avoiding the punch. 

Jumping back, Cinder searched for any signs of openings but she found none. Raising her sword into the air, fire surrounded her very being as Lilith watched with small interest. The ground under Cinder was scorched due to the sheer heat of the flames. Lilith, a bit impatient with her power-up, dashed at Cinder and raised her axe over her head. Cinder sidestepped the attack and slashed at Lilith's exposed side. The attack sunk into her brilliant golden armor but that was as far as it could go.

Lilith was able to swipe at Cinder with one of her free hands. The used-to-be general raised her sword and blocked the swipe but the force behind it caused her to get launched back in the process. Lilith laughed as she jumped toward Cinder with another overhead swing of her axe. Cinder summoned fire on her hands and sprayed it into the face of Lilith; temporarily blinding her. Cinder landed on the rocky gravel but she was able to recover quickly enough to avoid Lilith's body from crashing on top of her. 

Cinder made some distance and stabbed her sword into the ground. A large wall of fire appeared and out of it came Cereburus, the demon hellhound.

Lilith: "So you are the master of Cerberus. Interesting..."

Cerberus growled as it stared down at the demon queen. Lilith simply smiled. The three-headed hellhound charged at her. Lilith simply sidestepped the charge and decapitated two of their heads with a single swing. Cerberus stopped its charge in confusion. Cinder seemingly appeared behind Lilith and slammed her sword onto Lilith's head. The sword broke instantly.

Cinder: "What!?"

Lilith turned around with a swing of her axe. Luckily, Cinder was able to dodge it by maneuvering her body upward. What she didn't expect was to be kicked in her stomach. The surprise kick was accompanied by a punch and then a grab. The physical attacks kept coming as Cinder could do nothing but allow them to hit her. Finally, Lilith decided to attack with her axe but was only able to create a decently large scar instead of actually cutting into Cinder's body. 

Cinder hissed in pain as she quickly made the distance.

Lilith: "How lucky"

Realizing her wound isn't healing, Cinder knew that getting hit by the axe will not be a good thing. Lilith started swinging her axe as she sprinted toward Cinder. Cinder started to dodge the strikes with a bit of difficulty. After a few minutes, Cinder decided to get on the offensive so she doesn't get overwhelmed. Every attack Cinder used always landed. On the other hand, Lilith's strikes never connected and they began to get a bit sloppy which made it easier for Cinder to dodge.

 Cinder jumped over a horizontal slash and landed an extremely powerful kick to the queen's face. Lilith flew backward while dropping her axe at the same time. Cinder landed on her feet breathing a bit heavily.

Lilith stood back up while holding her face. Blood trickled down her face as she growled.

Lilith: "Never thought I'd have to use this now"