Chapter 34: Another Day, Another Quest

Hi, here's a new chapter.

_______
3 months later

Saitama and company decided to live in a village that was on the outskirts of Camelot. Considering the entire kingdom has been annihilated, rebuilding will take more than a few months. More like years or even more than that.

They settled in rather quickly with all of them sleeping in the same tavern. Jack, Nadia, Martha, and Quetta went to a nearby kingdom to begin their quest to look for the missing Demon Queen. Surprisingly, Querta and Martha insisted on helping the hero on his quest.

Saitama is currently at the guild picking up a quest. The receptionist smiled while being a bit put off by his bald head.

Receptionist: 'What a shiny head'

Saitama: "Er, I'll take the ice dragon in the snow mountains quest"

Receptionist: "Eh!? Are you sure? The dragon is very powerful!"

Saitama: "Shouldn't be too hard"

He took the quest and walked out while barely hearing a 'Thank you!'.

Saitama arrived at a tavern he was staying at. The first thing he saw was Cinder and Gwen talking with each other.

Saitama: "Oh, hi, Cinder and Gwen"

Cinder nodded and Gwen waved.

The hero entered his personal room and closed the door. The room was quite simple with a decently large bed in the left corner with a midsized dresser next to it. To the right side of the room was a large closet that didn't have many outfits inside.

Saitama approached the closet and looked at his two hero outfits. His original and the one Genovis, the witch, gave him.

Saitama grabbed his original and put it on. He tugged at the material and nodded to himself. Walking out of the tavern, Saitama asked for directions to the mountain and determined it was out to the west which would take around a week or two on foot. Of course, Saitama made those weeks into minutes.

At the front gates, he slightly bent his knees and then disappeared. The only indication he was there was the small dust cloud that floated in the direction he took off.

A few minutes go by and Saitama finally arrives at the snowy mountains.

Saitama: "Been a while since I stepped in the snow"

Saitama began walking through the snow while leaving decently large prints in his wake.

On a mountain a great distance away, stood a giant dragon covered in icy scales. On its head, stood a decently large crown that was the same color as its scales. Its red eyes stared at Saitama in curiosity and a bit of bloodlust.

It motioned its head and a large pile of snow began rumbling and moving in Saitama's direction. The dragon flapped its wings and a large blizzard began taking place all over the area. With that, it sat and watched.

Saitama: "Geez, blizzards are annoying..."

He covered his face from the onslaught of snow without feeling cold in the slightest.

Saitama stopped walking when he felt the ground rumble under him. He looked around a bit and saw a giant pile of snow moving toward him.

Saitama: "What the...."

The snow exploded as something jumped out of it. It looked like a giant squid and shark combined. Along its body was an assortment of ice and crystals that shined brightly. The bald her jumped backward, effectively dodging it. Its huge body slammed onto the ground and dug back into the snow.