Prologue

This is my first fanfic I wrote, and I really hope you guys enjoy it! Please be sure to comment/vote if you do! I'd HIGHLY appreciate it! :))

Oh and just side note...I'm in the process of editing this, so if you come across a point where you think you skipped a chapter...you didn't! I'm just trying to get the chapter names straightened out as well! 

 *Nine years earlier*

Morgan

"Tag! You're it!" Niall Horan, the little blonde boy, yells as he runs up to me and hits me on the shoulder.

"Hey! No fair! I yelled no tag backs when we started the game!" I stop in my tracks and cross my arms across my chest.

"I didn't hear you say it, so it doesn't count! Now you're it! Run guys...Morgan's it!" He yells at the other kids at the camp as they all scatter.

As a ten year old, being "it" is not your main goal; it's actually something you try to avoid all together, but I guess I wasn't so lucky. I have no choice but to run after Niall and all of the other kids. It's now timg to try and catch them and hopefully make them "it." Starting to run, I end up figuring out that I'm just too slow because everyone else is so far ahead of me. There's no way I could ever catch up to them.

"Guys! I can't run that fast! It's not fair! Someone else be it, or I quit!" Sitting on the dirt covered ground with my legs crossed, I refuse to run anymore. Who cares if they think I'm being really stubborn. I want what I want.

"Oh come on, Morgan! It's not that bad," Niall pops out behind one of the larger trees and walks over to me. This kid right her is my best friend at camp, and I would say it's because he's the only one who can make me laugh to the point where I shoot soda out my nose. 

"Wait. What? I don't think I could hear you," I attempt to prentend that I couldn't hear him, and he  ends up inching a little bit closer to repeat himself.

"I said that being "it" isn't as bad as you think."

"Well then I guess you won't mind being it then!" I hop up and immediately hit him on the shoulder. I guess he wasn't expecting and ends up falling over on the ground when I tag him. "Now yooouuu'rrree it!"

Sticking out my tongue, I start to run away laughing, but I couldn't help myself and turn around to go back and help him up. Niall's just sitting on the ground with dirt covering the bottom of his legs and a shocked look on his face. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to push you over. This game is getting boring anyways. Wanna go inside and get a snack?" I reach out my hand, so he can hold it as I help him up. He galdly accepts my offer and begins to pull himself upward.

"Yeah, I'm so hungry. Race ya!"

"You're on!" With that we dash across the field to the dining hall, not even paying attention to the other kids we just left behind for food. 

I would no doubt say that Camp Crazy Adventure is my favorite part of the summer. Living in Nashville, Tennessee can get quite boring sometimes for a nine year old, so this is the second summer I have come here. I love it. I always end up having so much fun while playing games and meeting new people. It is also the only time to see my best friend, Niall.

We used to go to school together, but he moved back to Ireland a year ago. He begged his parents for him to stay here with his aunt and uncle, but they wouldn't let him. The only situation his parents would agreed to was that every summer they would bring him back here, so he could see all of his friends here at camp. Pretty much every kid in our grade comes here during the summer, but we both know he mainly comes here to see me since we usually spend the most time with each other. 

--

"All right campers, I'm sorry to say but your parents should be here soon," The main camp counselor, Megan, gathers all of us campers up to sit in the dining hall to wait for our parents. Niall and I automatically sit next to each other. We are pretty much inseparable especially now that we don't see each other as often.

"I'm really going to miss you, Niall. I can't wait til next summer to see you again. Remember to write me all the time when you get back home."

"I pinky promise I will!" I promises as we connect pinkies and kiss the outside of our hands to make it official.

"Niall, sweetie, your parents are here! Ready to go home?" Megan comes up from behind, placing her hand on Niall's back. 

Right before he leaves he gives me a hug, and we say our goodbyes. This is much harder than I expected it to be because last year he was just going home to down the street from me, but now he's going home to across the world. When he gets in the car his parents are driving to the airport, it takes a lot of my little nine year old self not to cry as I watch him go.